Universal Keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budbo

Beer is good
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
OK so I ended up on the Ebay thing getting a second Keggle, Seems it will now be used for mashing and my move to the AG side.. What else will I need for it to mash with it?

Figuring sight tube, valves and false bottom, siphon and thermometer.. for now figuring doing the drain reheat and pour back on method for sparging

I don't know but won't you need somt kind of insulation around the keggle so you won't get too much of a temp drop during the mash? I just got a keggle for the boil but will continue to use a cooler for the mash.

If your using it for a mash/lauter tun I don't think you really need a sight tube. If it for boil or HLT tank then it is useful but not really needed for a mash tun.

Site tubes are only needed if you with to quickly establish a system with your equipment. What I've noticed, is that I get to know my equipment, and I know exactly how much is in my keg.

Specially since my keg is marked into three different sections, and I know my keg is 15.5 gallons... so each "section" is about 5 gallons. I ended up measuring it and sure enough, 5 .125 gallons :)

I use floating thermometers, knowledge of my setup, and SS Spigots, and I'm quite happy.

:ban:

-Dig

Back