over carbonated, any cures??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

balto charlie

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I over carbbed my last keg. 3 days @ 30 PSI is way too much. I tried to take it off gas, drew some pints on its own co2. It poured slowly but still had huge head. I finally took it out of the kegerator and hooked up another keg. I was going to let it's temp rise to RT, bleed it every few days then return to gas eventually. Any other ways to rid the extra co2?? Thanks

Moving it between room temp and kegerator temp is just going to introduce one more variable you'll need to compensate for. I'd leave the thing in your kegerator, vent it a few times over the course of a day to pull some carbonation out, then hook it up at serving pressure and leave it alone for a few days.

Moving it between room temp and kegerator temp is just going to introduce one more variable you'll need to compensate for. I'd leave the thing in your kegerator, vent it a few times over the course of a day to pull some carbonation out, then hook it up at serving pressure and leave it alone for a few days.

This is how I've dealt with the same situation the couple of times that I've left pressure on too long.

I normally go about 36 hours on pressure if I'm in a hurry. For most beers I just set and forget for 2 weeks.

Back