did I kill my beer ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taelmore

Reaction score
I made an amber beer this weekend and followed the directions as writen. I put my gallon jugs of clean water in the frig to help chill the wort, whe I was done with the boil I put the brew po in an ice bath to cool it. so then the wort was to cold when I put it all in the primary, but I put the primary into a warm bath and got the temp up to about 72 then added the yeast. Then the next day I was getting some good bubbles but did not have to use a blow off tube like I have had to on my other beers, Now I am new at this and am guessing it will be ok, but want to make sure with the better brewers out their.

I'm sure it is just fine. None of THESE batches turned out bad.

Seriously though, you didn't do anything that would hurt the beer.

So even with out a good bubble,and not much action after adding the pitch. It should be an ok beer in the end?

Airlock activity is a poor means of measuring fermentation activity. Sometimes you need a blowoff tube, sometimes you don't.

Back