Two barrel non sparging herms, does it exist?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walther

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to set up a brewery,....

I am not interested in sparging, so I would like to only use two barrels (due to space), and I would also like to use a spiral for both temperature control and cooling.

I am a very skilled CAD user so I made this draft setup:
http://www.fledelius.com/Site/index.html

If you think this is rubbish and is bound to fail, or if a similar setup exists somewhere, please let me know!

Cheers,
walther

Have you checked out the "Brutus 20".
It is two barrel, but allows for sparging.
(It is about the space right? You don't have a philosophical objection to sparging?)

you can do a no sparge system but your efficiency would be very low, and "no sparge" is kind of a misnomer, while you dont use hot water to rinse the grains you still have to separate the wort from the grain with at least a simple bazooka screen setup and some kind of a vessel to collect the wort in. I think the only way to avoid having to separate the grain from the wort is to do extract brewing. the brutus 20 looks interesting but it seems like it would have low efficiency because the gravity of the mash and the runoff reach equilibrium so youd be leaving a lot of wort behind, I realize a 3 kettles cost more and uses more space but its still the best way to do things.

Latest posts

Back