Md Spring brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When should we do it!

• April 19

• April 20

• April 26

• April 27

• May 3

• May 4

• May10

• May11

• May17

• May18

Results are only viewable after voting.
I didn't really notice it was multiple guess, so I only chose the first available date, but I definately want to jump on this again since I missed the last one.

I'm in for any day other than the last two, but would prefer something in May as I've got three batches fermenting.
Unfortunately, it is now lacrosse season and my Saturday availability will be interrupted by a bunch of 7-8 year olds tripping over each other chasing down a bouncing ball.

Cheers

well the 19th is the top choice so far, I guess Ill go PM people who attended the last one and remind them to vote. maybe they missed the new thread.

I'll have 8 rhizomes in the ground by then....I'm building a trellis this weekend and tilling some in the backyard...about 50' section

I'm hoping for enough to do 1 batch of IPA this fall....and if not, next year will be freaking stupid!

Thanks for PMing me, claphamsa, I haven't been able to check the forums as much lately so I completely missed this post.

I voted for April 19 or May 3. I have a few big things going on right now and not a lot of free days this spring -- those two days are potentially open, but the other ones are iffy. I'll try to be there if at all possible, the last one was fun (even though my beer got infected.... sigh).

chris.

I missed this, thanks for the heads up clap(what does your name mean). I will have to check the calendar and get back to y'all. I'm sure I am free a few of those wknds.

balto charlie said:
I missed this, thanks for the heads up clap(what does your name mean). I will have to check the calendar and get back to y'all. I'm sure I am free a few of those wknds.
its my name and initals, Miami gave me the name in 95, and ive never changed it...

any beer related ideas to do this holiday weekend? Anyone NOT celebrating Easter?

Im not, My beer related plans are to go to MDHB on saturday, and brew, and put together my mash tun (got the stuff in the mail)

claphamsa said:
Im not, My beer related plans are to go to MDHB on saturday, and brew, and put together my mash tun (got the stuff in the mail)
ATT1395129.jpg

98EXL said:
are you sure?

Well I've never had an infection before so I don't know exactly what to expect. But this one smells BAD, not even remotely like beer. I'm leaving it in the carboy for a bit on the remote chance that it's just a fermenting odor I'm not familiar with... but my hopes are not high.

It was my first time using a better bottle and carboy cap, plus the wort sat in my car for several hours before I got it home, brought it to room temperature, and pitched. Next time I brew off-site I have to make sure I have time to bring it straight home.

Oh well, next one will be good.

chris.

CallMeZoot said:
Well I've never had an infection before so I don't know exactly what to expect. But this one smells BAD, not even remotely like beer. I'm leaving it in the carboy for a bit on the remote chance that it's just a fermenting odor I'm not familiar with... but my hopes are not high.

It was my first time using a better bottle and carboy cap, plus the wort sat in my car for several hours before I got it home, brought it to room temperature, and pitched. Next time I brew off-site I have to make sure I have time to bring it straight home.

Oh well, next one will be good.

chris.

I wouldn't worry just yet

Looks like the usual suspects are lining up. Can we pick a date and then do a "what to brew" poll?
I like the idea of all brewing the same recipe with the exception of hop schedule and yeast. We can then all get back together after a month or so and do a tasting. It's a good way to see how various techniques effect a beer.

If we can agree on this, I'll host the tasting function at the beach in my community so it can be a family affair with grills and swimming. The beach is about 2 miles from where we brewed last time. Issue is that I'll need to reserve the afternoon/night.

We could also save a lot by buying grains and hops in bulk.

I should be able to do any day. I finally don't have anything planned. Don't forget that May 16 and 17 are the dates of SAVOR

adx said:
I should be able to do any day. I finally don't have anything planned. Don't forget that May 16 and 17 are the dates of SAVOR
I work like 4 blocks from there... and Ive never heard of the mellon hall :(

OK, let's lock down the weekend of April 19-20. If it's OK with everyone I can reserve the beach for early June for a tasting.
Two more polls:) "what to brew" if we want to do that and when to have the tasting

so are we going to brew down at round bay's beach? Is there water there?

98EXL said:
so are we going to brew down at round bay's beach? Is there water there?
No, we'll brew at your house and get together and taste the beer at the beach. If people want to do that of course. Just another excuse to eat and drink down there.

flytact said:
No, we'll brew at your house and get together and taste the beer at the beach. If people want to do that of course. Just another excuse to eat and drink down there.
oh.....that sounds great then

Back