not sure if this is the right spot but.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tellish33

Reaction score
I want to make a really good fruit brandy. Is this the right place for this? NOT the distilled kind (I know its illegal) the fruit kind. If so, can anyone help me out? I figured someone on here would have a good recipe.

I do apologize in advance if this isnt appropiate for this site.

you can make fruit WINE legally.

fruit brandy is distilled fruit wine. so you can't make brandy without distillation.

unless you are getting a TBB permit to make alcohol fuel, I would recommend not discussing distillation unless its a distillation friendly board.

what exactly do you want to make?

I was wanting to make a cherry "brandy" and a raspberry "brandy". I found one recipe that uses a 1/5th of vodka with the fruit for about 4-6 months. Just curoius if anyone had a good recipe. Thx.

If you're just looking to soak fruit in alcohol for a few months to get some flavor in the alcohol, this is a good site: http://www.infused-vodka.com/infused-vodkacomsinfusionjars-recipebook.aspx

It's also how people make lemoncello. You'll find a ton of recipes out there; all are good.

If you're looking to start a fruit wine, and then dump in alcohol to kill off the yeast about mid-ferment to keep the residual sugar and boost the alcohol, try looking for a fortified wine recipe, or a port style recipe. Can't think of any off the top of my head, but I made a peach port style wine like this once and it's really good.

Latest posts

Back