Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Threw this together yesterday for my first batch of JAOM.

Orange Blossom Special.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-11-20 at 3.26.06 PM.jpg

This is how the logo showcased earlier ended up:

23403592746_8d442cae4e_b.jpg

The beer itself is still a bit fresh (only been carbonating for 9 days, I made a few "extra" bottles specifically to check carbonation progress). I can however tell already that I need more late addition hops (or even dry hopping) in the next iteration to be able to call this an "American Pale Ale". I should perhaps relabel this one as "It's A Beer!" because that's what it tastes like. Not bad at all, but nothing special either. Oh well, first brew, first all-grain, first own recipe, and yet it's still a decent beer! Success!

No. As I have been a motorcycle enthusiast almost all my life, there's only one style that fits the designation "cafe racer". It started back in the 1960's, and has inspired motorcycles throughout that time.

Traveligion, I am not trying to bag on you or your design. Please don't think that. I just had to comment that the pictured bike is not a cafe racer (which is actually a street bike), but a dirt-track racer (an actual racing bike).

No problem! :)
I'm no expert in bikes anyway, just like this particular style and beer has coffee in it, with belgian yeast, hence the name...picture came from google search for "cafe racer" :)

Heres a little something I put together for an IPA I made recently.
Ths will be my first time doing the milk method.

20151202_135329.jpg

28sq7pt.jpg

I'm trying to make a really, really simple label for my saison. If the beer turns out well enough, it will be supplementing xmas gifts for friends and family. I'll throw up another idea or two as I have them. Any thoughts are welcome. Basic info, bottled date, abv, etc will be added to the final label.

I used an idea from revvy of using neck hanging tags instead of labels to get around the label removal problem. I am just a new brewer starting out with small batches (1 gallon to begin with). I don't go through a lot of beer, so 10 bottles at a time is not a restriction for me; I will probably have some left from the last batch when I start another. I plan on writing the brew in the space above the hops. I used Visio software to create the tags, then downloaded to a jpeg file. I found the "beer snob" on the Internet.

Dean's Brew.jpg

Latest posts

Back