Belgian Triple

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse77

Reaction score
Hello everyone, this may be a stupid question but I need to ask. I bought a brewers best belgian triple kit and it has been in a primary and everything is going just fine. My question is being that this is a kit and not all grain should I just do what I normally do with other kits?
Normally I wait for a week or so and then just bottle it up. I have been reading a lot about what most people do with triple's is let them sit in primary for very long period ( like a month ) and then they go into a secondary ( for like another month ) and then they bottle. What would be best for me to do?

It has been in primary for 3 days and it seems the heavy fermentation is slowing down now. I was thinking about removing the blow off hose and putting on a regular airlock. Then let it sit in the primary for maybe a week and then doing a secondary. (This would be my first time using a secondary carboy) Then leave in the secondary for another week and then bottle. Or is this wrong ? Should I do less or more?

Is fermentation of all grain belgian triple the same as a kit from brewers best ?

I have also read that the bottle conditioning is done for a long time. Like for a couple of months. Is this also suggested ?

Please let me know what is really the best thing to do and why. Thanks

I think your plan sounds good. More time in secondary would be good too. 2 or 3 weeks wouldn't seem excessive to me. I wouldn't rush it. A triple is complex
and changes a lot with age, for the better, so I believe it is
worth the extra wait.
Don' bottle based on time though take SG readings to be sure.

Latest posts

Back