praise for EdWort's Haus Pale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackwaterbrewer

Reaction score
unreal beer. my first all grain batch, it was easy to brew (and quick to ferment out!). very light and crisp , but distinct, fresh taste. My wife loves it! thanks for sharing the recipe, Edwort! and thanks to whichever one of you recommended it!

Going to brew this next weekend. Can't wait either. Thanks ED

Southwood, What part of Columbus?

Me and the CBC are the only breweries still operating in the Brewery District ;) (that's the near south side).

I've spent quite a bit of time up your way, goegrous this time of year. Happy brewing!

I wish I knew what this beer is supposed to taste like. Iv tried brewing it twice and screwed it up twice. With my operation I'm getting grain husk, green apple taste as well as the hops being crazy bitter. I'M going to keep tweaking my brewing methods to try to make this.

You shouldn't be getting any of that make sure you control your fermenting temps, mash at 152, and sanitize your equipment well. It's my house beer and I got to say it's one of the best pale ales I have ever tasted, and I live in Oregon so that's saying a lot.

I just got the ingredients in a few days back, just waiting for my primary to free up. I sure hope I don't screw it up but I am trying the partial mash version. Fingers crossed.

Dan

+1 for this recipe. First beer I've kegged and I'm scared I'm gonna drink it all before I can get keg #2 in there. Just gotta keep brewing I guess. Thanks again Ed.

You shouldn't be getting any of that make sure you control your fermenting temps, mash at 152, and sanitize your equipment well. It's my house beer and I got to say it's one of the best pale ales I have ever tasted, and I live in Oregon so that's saying a lot.

Good point. I'm doing something wrong for sure. I'm fermenting under the kitchen table. Its about 65 degree under there. I use Star-San. Ill keep brewing until I get it right.

I did a dumb thing when I brewed this and threw the hops in inside muslin bags. I tied the bags WAY too tight, though, so that it was tight even around the dry pellets. The final product is very sweet and has no hop aroma at all. Needless to say, I'll be brewing it again so as not to fark it up.

Back