Man Law

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have absolutely nothing against fruit or spices or chocolate or anything added to beer as long as it creates a good beer.
Basically, I like good beer. Period.

I have done some off-the-wall stuff indeed, but really only recently. Some are just excursions, others use a commercial idea as a springboard (like Young's DCS). These all get bottled though as the intention is not to be a session beer, but something unique and interesting.

However, I like to experiment and can nail pretty much any 'style' I want to. I honestly feel as brewers, technique should be first and foremost so that out of this creativity can flow unimpeded. That all being said I am not a fan of adding things post fermentation in terms of flavorings, etc.

I also really dig using 'normal' brewing ingredients to get the "wow, what's in that" factor. Like the Brewer's Gold hops that came of age this year which I used in my Oatmeal Stout. Tastes like I added Black Currants. Amazingly addictive and rich flavor.

Back