Best primary fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have always liked the standard 7.5 gallon food grade bucket. I prefer the one that True Brew has becasue the lid has a rubber gasket to seal the air out. I don't have to worry about a blowoff hose and it is pretty easy to control the temp with either a space heater or a brew belt.

I think other people like to see what is going on in a glass carboy, but I am so afraid of opening the bucket to look that it forces me to be patient.

I'm a big fan of my Coopers Fermentor. Not sure of the specific size but I am positive it is at least 7 gallons. A big, but not too big, screw on cap, handles on the side, and it is almost see through so you can tell if there is krausen without cracking it open.

I'm a big fan of my Coopers Fermentor. Not sure of the specific size but I am positive it is at least 7 gallons. A big, but not too big, screw on cap, handles on the side, and it is almost see through so you can tell if there is krausen without cracking it open.

+1, have 2 of them :)

Latest posts

Back