Calling All Metal Fans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Favorite album released in February was probably Pallbearer - Sorrow and Extinction. Great doom album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efsUakRY2IQ

Listened to the new Woods of Ypres - Grey Skies & Electric Light album that was just released this month yesterday... I'm not the biggest fan of the band (I liked the EP/Demo, and Pursuit of the Sun had moments of greatness) and almost turned it off 3/4 of the way through the first song (which my tracklist was apparently out of order, it was Career Suicide) but it ended up being an interesting listen in light of his accidental death right before Christmas since the lyrics were written almost like he was expecting to die really soon.

Dang Splastik, not sure how I missed this post but that new Pallbearer record is awesome. I acquired a copy and posted later in the thread. With you on the Ypres too.

:mug:

One of the best BM albums I've ever heard...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKumk1wa4Ak

No doubt one of the best pagan bands to come around, actually Quorthon of Bathory help them record and produce some of their albums.

Dang Splastik, not sure how I missed this post but that new Pallbearer record is awesome. I acquired a copy and posted later in the thread. With you on the Ypres too.

I love Woods of Ypres, sad stuff that the guitarist just recently died in a car accident.

Yeah, Sorrow and Extinction is awesome. Their demo is cool too featuring slightly different versions of two songs that ended up on the album and a great cover of Gloomy Sunday:

I caught them live last month at a free concert with Loss, YOB, Wolvhammer and Atlas Moth. They put on a good show but the acoustics were terrible in the venue which really made them a little less crushingly heavy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't remember if I posted this or not already but these guys are good! Awesome new power metal from Germany...

Love this!

Also sinergy with Alexi from children, and the chick from Ancient on vocals do a damn good job!

Oh yeah, awesome Swedish power metal act and much better than anything COB ever put out in my opinion. Her name is Kim Goss, who also happens to be Alexi's wife (or at least at that time) and also used to play keyboards for Therion and Dimmu Borgir after leaving Ancient. I remember hearing, back in the late 90's, that there was a bunch of resulting drama as, supposedly, she was/is almost impossible to work with and reputedly an all around ill-tempered drama queen.

220px-Kim_Goss.jpg

Ahhhh the memories... Thanks for posting, I had almost forgotten about them.

Yeah one of my favorites, but you are absolutely right way better than anything COB released. The dude can play guitar when he is not ruining it with lyrics about a murder at some lake. hahahahaha.

edit: also check out Waxen, song name is "I claim your throne". Some awesome power thrashy black metal, I cannot find it on youtube though.

There's some real good axe work on those Sinergy records, stuff that makes guys like Yngwie jealous and ashamed. COB is monotonous, contrived crap for the most part, makes me wonder how and why guy like Alexi ended up there. It's a shame when you think about it really but I'm sure the same could be said for many good talents.

Digging that Waxen song btw, the drums are kinda crazy but really cool too.

So depressing, look at this he is using Nintendo beats in the music. HAHA Nintendo BM, wow.

Controversial, the guys is a nazi but he makes some damn good music. Not metal though.

AYAT!!! such a heavy band from Lebanon to! They are some pist off middle eastern metal heads that know how to squeal like a pig! hahahaha.

One more, this guy has some awesome metal projects. This is a little different.

Back