cost to recertify expired co2 tanks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how1

Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea how much it costs to recertify expired co2 tanks. I bought 4 corny kegs at a garage sale today all for 25 dollars and I also had to take 3 co2 tanks with expired hydro tests. I figured the kegs were worth about 50 dollars apiece anyway.

It was 20 at airgas for me. I just exchang but you still have to pay recert fee for tank when you first bring it in.

well, I paid 15 to have my 20 gallon tank hydrotested, but then I had one welding shop that just traded out an expired tank for a new one.

call welding shops in your area, the first place that did my hydro testing was firex, they specialize in extinguishers and fire safety stuff.

"I also had to take 3 co2 tanks" .....awww, I feel terrible for your burden.

get two tested, throw the other one on craigslist - a 5 gallon is worth at least 40, I would pay upwards of 70 for a 20+ gallon tank.

Does anyone have an idea how much it costs to recertify expired co2 tanks. I bought 4 corny kegs at a garage sale today all for 25 dollars and I also had to take 3 co2 tanks with expired hydro tests. I figured the kegs were worth about 50 dollars apiece anyway.

I'll take one of the CO2 tanks off your hands... I want to start kegging and need to start getting the equipment together. Send me a PM and we can work something out.

Mouse

I'll take one of the CO2 tanks off your hands... I want to start kegging and need to start getting the equipment together. Send me a PM and we can work something out.

Mouse

we are opening our homebrew shop tomarrow in la verne, and have tons of corny's.
feel free to stop by and check us out:mug:

Thanks Mouse, but a guy at work wants the 20 lb tank and I want to keep the 10 and 5 pounders. Just wondered how much the recertification was going to cost. Did I mention the guy threw in 2 cases of 22oz bottles? I"m so dam happy I've been pissing my pants all day!!!!:drunk:

Back