Good regulator that has replacement parts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My beverage factory regulator just craped out ( psi creeping up), can't find actual brand name on the unit to try to re-order parts. What is a good regulator brand that is easy to find parts for when it needs to be rebuilt?

Taprite and micromatic both make quality regs and sell replacement parts. If you post pics someone might be able to point you to a rebuild kit for the one you have. It might also just have some crud in it causing the creep, and taking it apart and giving it a good cleaning might fix it.

Earlier when I took the regulator apart I saw the diaphram, a large spring, and a plastic ring that goes around the outside of the diaphram. Under the diaphram there is a bolt head with a small pin in the center of it, I tried to take the bolt head off but could not. Should that bolt and pin come out also? Thanks

That's probably the seat capsule, and it should come out, but I'm not sure how. It's been a while since I took a reg apart, but I think it may have been left hand threaded on mine. That doesn't mean it is on yours though. Sorry I'm not more help.

thanks for the ideas, I called beverage factory and they informed me that the reg is their brand, called kegco, and that they do not sell replacement parts for them. I guess you get what you pay for!! Thanks again.

The bolt thing typically is where the magic happens. It has the high-pressure seat in it and you can't disassemble it. At least that's how my Norgren worked. Emphasis on worked.

Earlier when I took the regulator apart I saw the diaphram, a large spring, and a plastic ring that goes around the outside of the diaphram. Under the diaphram there is a bolt head with a small pin in the center of it, I tried to take the bolt head off but could not. Should that bolt and pin come out also? Thanks

Old thread, but maybe this will help someone else.

To remove the bolt head on a Kegco regulator (the one with a small pin in the center of it), use a socket wrench. I just removed mine. It is standard threading (left = loosen, right = tighten). A crescent wrench prolly won't work.

My Kegco regulator has had significant regulator creep issues, and in looking online it looks like lots of other folks have had the same issue with this model. To Kegco's (BeverageFactory.com) credit, they now have a rebuild kit for this regulator, and they sent me one free of charge for my 6 month old kegco regulator. Only time will tell if the issue reappears.

Glad I stumbled upon this thread, I have a regulator that has creep issues. I had a back up but glad i can repair the other one!

Back