What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you celebrating the repeated manhandling of Tannehill? Give the guy props for continuing to get up after getting sacked so many times in a row...

I thought they had a chance there at the end. I am surprised how tough tannehill is. He was went down a lot this year. Why did the o-line have to haze each other so hard?! now we are stuck with a group of newbies that dont know how to block!

More coffee now that I'm in CT ... Drizzle changed to snow as I crossed the Henry Hudson into the Bronx. Good thing it wasn't sticking to the road.

We were supposed to get snow last night but it never happened :confused:

More coffee now that I'm in CT ... Drizzle changed to snow as I crossed the Henry Hudson into the Bronx. Good thing it wasn't sticking to the road.

People here are still driving like turds as if 7" of snow were on the roads.

Yeah,I got that same shizz last night takin my son to work. Roads were just wet,& they were doing 25-28mph. Noobs. Or at least scared of doin a lil driftin?...

More Coff- I randomly check the sheriffs sale for property listings and i found one that borders my parents land up for sale - Anyone have any experience with buying a home from a sherrifs sale?

More Coff- I randomly check the sheriffs sale for property listings and i found one that borders my parents land up for sale - Anyone have any experience with buying a home from a sherrifs sale?
Not buying but selling. ;)

Usually you need to come with a deposit in the form of a money order/cashier's check and you need to be able to pay for the property the day of the sale. If you do not, you forfeit your deposit. It is really quite easy but you need to know what you're willing/able to pay and whether or not there are any issues with the land such as weird easements and such. Usually properties are sold as is where is but land could be different. Not sure why, but I don't want to say for fact that land doesn't hold other weird warranties or lack thereof.

I have my Pumpkin Ale, and Rye IPA on tap this week, and should have my oatmeal stout in the keg next week. :D

Not buying but selling. ;)

Usually you need to come with a deposit in the form of a money order/cashier's check and you need to be able to pay for the property the day of the sale. If you do not, you forfeit your deposit. It is really quite easy but you need to know what you're willing/able to pay and whether or not there are any issues with the land such as weird easements and such. Usually properties are sold as is where is but land could be different. Not sure why, but I don't want to say for fact that land doesn't hold other weird warranties or lack thereof.

Thanks for the info- It states 10% down at time of sale and then the full amount due in 30 days- I called the court house and it seems like you can only get minimal information over the phone and need to go in person. i will go down on friday and check things out.... I did find out that there are no back taxes for the persons listed on the property but as for the property its self i need to go down in person. It looks like a nice deal 20 acres 1700 sq ft log cabin type with a detached garage for $178,000

Hello said:
Details...por flavor.

Not sure which details you want, but I'm guessing you are looking for this...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f66/15-minute-cascade-pale-ale-210253/

I've done it three times now, substitute whatever hops I have on hand. Last night was Newport hops at 15 and the rest were cascade. Only had 5.5 lbs of LME also, so my OG only hit 1.50. It's quick and easy 2 hour brew day that gives a tasty pale ale.

If you want details on how I let my pipeline get to zero, let me know ;)

View attachment 159747

Dominions I'm in them when it's time to kick **** from
The heart, cause I get a piece of the action
Feeling satisfaction from the street crowd reaction

I have this brew downstairs in the basement. Almost want to have it tonight but my sore throat might stop me from enjoying it. That video is ****ing ridiculous, BTW.

Anyone have this yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had those 3 beers from yooper in the fridge a few days now. savin them for after my brew day is done. Heating the mash water for my vanilla porter now.

Remmy said:
Dominions I'm in them when it's time to kick **** from
The heart, cause I get a piece of the action
Feeling satisfaction from the street crowd reaction

Wow. havent heard that in forever.

First proper pour of my Goldings IPA!

ForumRunner_20131112_191319.png

Bitterness and hop aroma is great, as is carbonation, but the alcohol is a little hot and it's a bit thin bodied to my taste... But I'm sharing it with people at work so thin bodied is probably fine as it won't be too challenging.

Of the NH brewed IPAs I've had so far, this one's the best, but it's really not all that great. At least not to my palate. It's got more floral character than the others, which I like, but it's got a lot of that really earthy/oniony character that I don't like. It's certainly drinkable and the bit of caramel sweetness helps offset the undesirable hop character.

20131112_142000 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

Not sure which details you want, but I'm guessing you are looking for this...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f66/15-minute-cascade-pale-ale-210253/

I've done it three times now, substitute whatever hops I have on hand. Last night was Newport hops at 15 and the rest were cascade. Only had 5.5 lbs of LME also, so my OG only hit 1.50. It's quick and easy 2 hour brew day that gives a tasty pale ale.

If you want details on how I let my pipeline get to zero, let me know ;)
Oh, I know how you ended up with nearly zero in the pipeline. :D :ban:
Thanks for the link. I'm going to brew it. Looks like a nice yummy cheap beer.

I can only guess what you measured with! ;)

HEY ooooooooooo! :fro:

Of the NH brewed IPAs I've had so far, this one's the best, but it's really not all that great. At least not to my palate. It's got more floral character than the others, which I like, but it's got a lot of that really earthy/oniony character that I don't like. It's certainly drinkable and the bit of caramel sweetness helps offset the undesirable hop character.

20131112_142000 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

At least you have a glass to fit it all in :D

Pretty sure this is the best beer I've made to date. 3.5 weeks in. Gonna give these a few more weeks in bottles. It's my Tripel. 10% ABV.

View attachment 159765

Take the word "overseer," like a sample
Repeat it very quickly in a crude voice sample
Overseer, overseer, overseer, overseer
Officer, officer, officer, officer
Yeah, officer from overseer
You need a little clarity, check the similarity

Pretty sure this is the best beer I've made to date. 3.5 weeks in. Gonna give these a few more weeks in bottles. It's my Tripel. 10% ABV.

Nice I just took a SG reading of my Honey Tripel last night. I used WLP500 and I am really pleased with it. We will have to swap a couple of bottles once they are ready. Mine was OG 1.088 and FG 1.010 so just over 10% also and the sample tasted awesome! Alcohol hidden perfectly in the aroma but a touch warm in the back of the mouth still. Looking forward to bottling it soon.

Tripel.jpg

Nice I just took a SG reading of my Honey Tripel last night. I used WLP500 and I am really pleased with it. We will have to swap a couple of bottles once they are ready. Mine was OG 1.088 and FG 1.010 so just over 10% also and the sample tasted awesome! Alcohol hidden perfectly in the aroma but a touch warm in the back of the mouth still. Looking forward to bottling it soon.

That's awesome. Just finished my first bottle of it. My OG was 1.082, FG was 1.006.

That's awesome. Just finished my first bottle of it. My OG was 1.082, FG was 1.006.

Now I just need more carboys all mine are full.. :D
3 carboys have RIS in them that I will be racking into the oak barrel soon so that will free some up
2 more carboys I just filled on Saturday with a session saison
& that Tripel that needs a couple more weeks and I'll probably secondary it to clear up some also. This brewing is filling up my house. I've got crap everywhere! And taking a bath well that's out.

IMG_20131109_214315_641.jpg

Vanilla Bean Stout on a chilly afternoon. I need to get another batch of this going before my wife realizes how much of it I'm drinking. Should have brewed coffee brown ale this weekend, but I don't really have room to temp control it at the moment.

Got some more of my Cougar Country IPA's in the fridge. Maori IPA is close to getting into the fridge. I'll have Yooper's beers after porter is in the fermenter.
Whiskely stout has been in bottles 6 days now. Pipeline is starting to fill up again. :rockin:

Now I just need more carboys all mine are full.. :D
3 carboys have RIS in them that I will be racking into the oak barrel soon so that will free some up
2 more carboys I just filled on Saturday with a session saison
& that Tripel that needs a couple more weeks and I'll probably secondary it to clear up some also. This brewing is filling up my house. I've got crap everywhere! And taking a bath well that's out.

I know the feeling! I have 6 buckets and 4 carboys full at most times right now. I can think of worse problems...
:mug:

My now fully carbed Gandhi-bot clone. I think I missed the mark and I think it's from the yeast, but I'm not sure. Is too clean a thing that exists in the realm of IPAs? I'm starting to think maybe Gandhi-bot was fermented with an English yeast related to Conan. Gandhi and Heady do smell and taste very similar. Will require further experimentation to nail the clone.

20131112_161300 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

Back