What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The local beer stores want $15 for a bomber of Oaked AB. I had one over a year ago. Crazy bastards.

Nice thing about Maine, retailers aren't allowed to raise or lower the price of alcohol. The state sets the retail price and the +/- based on what the manufacturer charges, and then distributes it themselves. But it's never more than a few bucks.

The down side is the only distribution in the state, is the state.

Remmy, my swmbo sent me a picture

20130730_113333_Hagrid.jpg

This from you?

finsfan said:
STONE HAS REACHED KANSAS! I read over the weekend they were planning to distribute here now but i figured itd be a while but its already in my town :D :D :D :D :D :D

You can tell I was drinking last night with the fuzzy ass picture of the oaked arrogant bastard, picked up a 4 pack; 2 to drink now; 2 to drink a year from now

also picked up another 4 pack of hoptimum before its gone :(

I had to sacrifice the Oaked Arrogant Bastard 4 pack to leave on my buddies wall, I doubt he'd ever buy it and he needs better beer on that wall! :D

That is the worst looking beer wall I've ever seen.. Feel bad for that bigfoot and the OAB :-/

Nice thing about Maine, retailers aren't allowed to raise or lower the price of alcohol. The state sets the retail price and the +/- based on what the manufacturer charges, and then distributes it themselves. But it's never more than a few bucks.

The down side is the only distribution in the state, is the state.

Remmy, my swmbo sent me a picture

20130730_113333_Hagrid.jpg

This from you?

Yep. Friend of mine works for them and he sent me a bunch of stuff from there which I have not yet tried. I don't typically take supplements or any gimmicky stuff like that - but it's free and I'm going to try it.

Open-up!!!!!

Yep. Friend of mine works for them and he sent me a bunch of stuff from there which I have not yet tried. I don't typically take supplements or any gimmicky stuff like that - but it's free and I'm going to try it.

Open-up!!!!!

I told her the stuff inside is likely far more fun, but she said "if it is individually wrapped bottles of beer, you can open it when you get home, I can't drink it, I'm not breaking a nail for it"

FermentNEthinG said:
Mountain Dew while I mash in a imperial pumpkin porter..you know, TNGabes favorite beer ingredient.. ;)

Brewing a porter myself. Splitting a double batch with a friend. I'm putting cocoa nibs and coffee in my half. Need to brew for my wife every now and again. :)

I told her the stuff inside is likely far more fun, but she said "if it is individually wrapped bottles of beer, you can open it when you get home, I can't drink it, I'm not breaking a nail for it"

She doesn't sound like a Mainah to me! :rockin::D

Brewing a porter myself. Splitting a double batch with a friend. I'm putting cocoa nibs and coffee in my half. Need to brew for my wife every now and again. :)

I knew you were here somewhere!

This batch is getting cocao nibs soaked in vanilla infused moonshine tossed into the secondary. Only using 4 ounces so I don't mask the spices too much.
A whole lot going on in this strange concoction.

finsfan :
I think we have that arrogant bastard here in Wichita . How was it ? How is that Hoptimum ? I might want to go buy some .

mcbaumannerb said:
I thought you had yardwork to finish up today? ;)

Got a few hours in. I used the weed eater head and a flat on the tractor as an excuse for quite a while and it's an uphill battle.

I'll be bottleing up my mead soon finally cleared up ;-)

Awesome. I just bottled mine this weekend. It has some heat to it and wondering if i should of back sweetened it but decided not to. Time to get to drinking :ban:

I hope you'll enjoy it and right now it doesnt add up to the original but it'll grow on me:tank:

Awesome. I just bottled mine this weekend. It has some heat to it and wondering if i should of back sweetened it but decided not to. Time to get to drinking :ban:

I hope you'll enjoy it and right now it doesnt add up to the original but it'll grow on me:tank:

I'm going to try putting some cucumber Spears in some of the bottles. drinking More water

I totally forgot about the HBT fantasy football draft until today. The auto-draft picked Tony Romo as my starting QB. Can I just forfeit the season now?

Yes you can but it counts as a automatic loss and you would still be required to send a bomber to the winner. So you might as well ride it out.

Edit: still on the water

Kind of shaky. I'd be letting go of a bad QB in favor of a big question mark and downgrading my RB at the same time. Think I'll pass.

figured id try haha didnt wanna take romo for nothing, id think romo is the bigger question mark this year than alex smith, im ok with keeping him

Back