Important lesson cutting grass and home brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanman250

Reaction score
I put some home brew in a travel coffee cup to drink while cutting my grass on my riding mower and I discovered that the vibration from the lawn mower makes home brewed beer foam wildly. I looked so cool drinking my coffee really beer until the foam came shooting out the top of my cup.

vanman250

If you can hold a cup and drive your mower, you obviously don't have gophers! It takes two hands and a seatbelt to do my slope. Not to mention the blood & guts from slow critters getting in the mug.

I just have a few once the work is done.

I have lawn that's flat and smooth or as smooth as a lawn can be and way to flat. If we have a lot of rain I'm slinging water and that washes away the foam.

vanman250

vanman250 said:
I put some home brew in a travel coffee cup to drink while cutting my grass on my riding mower and I discovered that the vibration from the lawn mower makes home brewed beer foam wildly. I looked so cool drinking my coffee really beer until the foam came shooting out the top of my cup.

vanman250

where the hell do you live that you are already mowing?
Last year we got a new rider and the first time i used it , when i got done, i told the wife i found out how long it took to mow the lawn. She asked and i told her 2 beers, got a nasty look.:drunk:

speed said:
where the hell do you live that you are already mowing?
Last year we got a new rider and the first time i used it , when i got done, i told the wife i found out how long it took to mow the lawn. She asked and i told her 2 beers, got a nasty look.:drunk:

Heck even in Milwaukee I am looking at the lawn thinking it's may be time to whack some off the top. Shocked ya arent ready yet in NE

Chairman Cheyco said:
What is "lawn?" The glaciers have only just retreated...
Me too Cheyco, I still have a foot of snow melting on my front lawn and my back yard is starting to show all the grain I dumped there from brewing this past winter.:)

I wish we could be cutting grass. We're in the middle of this right now:

rr_%20fld_area_50,79,96,97.gif

Actually, our town has a good sized ring dike, so we won't get wet. If the grass was growing I would/could mow it, but it isn't. :(

Yikes! Nasty stuff. Here in Mass. I'm just raking and cleaning up the yard. No lawn cutting for a few weeks I imagine.

The wife's already cut the lawn once here. I have 3 hops plants several inches tall already.:D

It take us 4-5 hours to cut our 2+ acre lawn. We usually break it up into 2 days. It's easier that way.

That reminds me, I need to fix the engine on the second tractor.:D

We were in the 80s today. New record high.

Thats funny I was actualy thinking about cuting the grass today (didn't, lazy) and decided to work on my car and later at night there was tennisball size hail. The stuff was coming down so hard it craked when it hit the drive way. I have to go out side tomorrow and find out what the damage might be.

Edit: Went out side today and nice circular cracks in the windshield. Now thats f**king great.

I live in AZ,
You ca'nt mow rocks! Allready it's in the 90's!
2 more months and it's over 100 EVERY DAY!
(BTW, I live in an apartment with NO AC (just a swamp cooler). I cool my fermneters with LOTS of ice and water!

Clayton
Tucson, AZ = HELL!

Clayton79 said:
I live in AZ,
You ca'nt mow rocks! Allready it's in the 90's!
2 more months and it's over 100 EVERY DAY!
(BTW, I live in an apartment with NO AC (just a swamp cooler). I cool my fermneters with LOTS of ice and water!
ClaytonTucson, AZ = HELL!
I was out in Sierra Vista in Feb. It was hot then...

I have a cup holder on my Craftsman riding lawnmower. I found out real quick that it was the dumbest feature ever- the vibration from the mower makes your beer/soda/whatever go flat in no time. I just mow as fast as I can and have a beers when I'm done. Not yet, though, the ground is still way too wet and besides, I still haven't taken the snowplow and chains off of it yet (lazy bum!):cross:

The grass is raging, but I can't cut until the daffodils are done. Cut them too early and they don't come back. I'm still waiting on the wild flowers along the driveway. Hopefully the deer won't eat too many of them. The hops are sprouting and the trellises are up. Only four plants, so I might hit freshops for some more rhyzomes.

Tucson, AZ is nasty hot in the summer, but Las Wages is REALLY toasty. It was 122F the day I first interviewed there. Took the job anyway. The 17% salary increase and lower cost of living were too tempting. Oregon is better.

i'm waiting untill the city puts up a sign that says 'cut the grass deadbeat' that's the step right before the fine. i figure twice for the whole season should be good....;)

david_42 said:
The grass is raging, but I can't cut until the daffodils are done. Cut them too early and they don't come back.
You want the daffodils? Do you make wine with them? :confused:

Back