Homebrew and Football

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcott

Reaction score
I'm a big football fan (go Jets!) and becoming a big homebrew fan. I seem to see the two as a perfect match. Anyone else agree and what are your teams?

Beer and football you say? I'll have to give it a whirl.

Go Panthers!

The Jets new practice facility is 5 minutes from my place.

I love drinking homebrew and watching my Dallas Cowboys!! Yeah...I hear the boo's. But you got to love an owner willing to take a chance on players like TO, Tank Johnson, and Pacman. I really like our team this year with the addition of Felix Jones and Zach Thomas. Last year I drank way too many homebrews during some of the games.

Oh geeze, brewing/drinking and watching football are the ****!!!!

I love it, and we all know already I love the

REDSKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been a longtime JETS fan since Namath left Bama and went there......

Not to sure about Favre, as I liked Pennington, but hopefully it will help us win a few more this year....

Fav-ray can blow-may.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!

If I can find it, I like to start the first game of the season with a bottle of Vapeur Cochonne...because of the label:

7481.jpg

:tank:

Clemson? Maryland?

How exactly is that a "raise" on the reigning ACC Champs? :D

Oh, you were suggesting that you double-up and put 22 players on the other side of the line, 11 from clemson and 11 from maryland, and then they could beat the Hokies?

Hm. Maybe.

How many ACC titles does VT have? 2? Clemson has 14 or something like that. How many National Championships does VT have? 0. How many does Clemson have? 1. Lets not forget the 25 most exciting seconds in all of college football. Whats VT got? Shaking some keys. Tradition is a serious 1 up.

Clemson? Maryland?

Oh, you were suggesting that you double-up and put 22 players on the other side of the line, 11 from clemson and 11 from maryland, and then they could beat the Hokies?

Hm. Maybe.

How many ACC titles does VT have? 2? Clemson has 14 or something like that. How many National Championships does VT have? 0. How many does Clemson have? 1. Lets not forget the 25 most exciting seconds in all of college football. Whats VT got? Shaking some keys. Tradition is a serious 1 up.

Tech's been in the ACC for what, 5 years? And two of those have been titles. Prior to that, it was consistently at the top of the Big East. You can harken back to the days of Heismann if you wish, but yer livin in the PAST, man :p:mug:

Football just isn't the same without other guys to watch it with. It's kind of demoralizing, really.

Oh, and though I'm currently a Marylander, I just have to say...

geaux-tigers.gif

GO HOKIES!!!

well, at least a Tiger is a real creature. What the heck is a hookie? And yes, I know a little of the history: "hookie, hookie, hookie" is in the fight song or something....

Why couldn't VA Tech recover that onside kick last year v. Boston College? I'm still pissed about that...

I love poundin home brews, cookin great food, and watchin my GMEN!

Clemson? Maryland?

Hm. Maybe.

not really a raise, I was thinking in poker terms, "and I raise you" Maryland has never really been that great in football...they are just an all around good school for academics and sports...yet I went there, and spell check told me I spelled academics wrong....maybe they weren't such a good school afterall

Tech's been in the ACC for what, 5 years? And two of those have been titles. Prior to that, it was consistently at the top of the Big East. You can harken back to the days of Heismann if you wish, but yer livin in the PAST, man :p:mug:

Your just mad because you have no past to look at. And don't try to make it sound like you guys owned the Big East forever, you were only there 10 yrs and only won 3 title 2 of them ties. Before Beamer VT was terrible in football. Those 3 titles combine with the 2 in the ACC are all the titles VT has. Which is still just barely more than a third of what Clemson has in the ACC I'm not even counting the ones from when were in other conferences.

Your just mad because you have no past to look at. And don't try to make it sound like you guys owned the Big East forever, you were only there 10 yrs and only won 3 title 2 of them ties. Before Beamer VT was terrible in football. Those 3 titles combine with the 2 in the ACC are all the titles VT has. Which is still just barely more than a third of what Clemson has in the ACC I'm not even counting the ones from when were in other conferences.

I'm not mad. Did I appear mad? I'm just having a good-hearted ribbing. Yeah, prior to the current era, Clemson has a more 'storied history'. So? Hokies'll still kick their ass today. :D

But hey, yeah, take it seriously...hell, take it personally for all I care. Be my guest. Jesus, some people...:rolleyes: can't deal with some lighthearted football crackin...gotta get all serious, talkin about the days of yore just because they're frustrated with their current team.

Anyway, unless Clemson somehow makes it to the ACC championship, we won't know how they'd fare head to head this year anyway.

well, at least a Tiger is a real creature. What the heck is a hookie? And yes, I know a little of the history: "hookie, hookie, hookie" is in the fight song or something....

Why couldn't VA Tech recover that onside kick last year v. Boston College? I'm still pissed about that...

A hokie is a goddamned fighting turkey of some sort, the silliest mascot evar. :ban:

not really a raise, I was thinking in poker terms, "and I raise you" Maryland has never really been that great in football...they are just an all around good school for academics and sports...yet I went there, and spell check told me I spelled academics wrong....maybe they weren't such a good school afterall

Hm, which is why I figured you were a proud alum of LTI. :p

GO FOOTBALL SUCKS!!!

(runs and hides) Please! ....No!!.....Not the face!!!:eek:

Football season means I have to start a Friday night shift one hour later during the season.....I can't forgive them for that! :(

What do you do that would cause that?

I work at a newspaper, stuffing junk mail.....Football makes Saturdays papers an hour later on Friday nights. Bastards! ;)

Oh yes, I should add it's a local small town paper, so there is no real actual news for Saturday that can't be written on friday! ;)

You might actually have something to cheer about in football this yr. You should take advantage it only happens once a decade.

UNC football success is best talked about after the fact. High expectations have fallen flat in the past. As an aside, Julius Peppers was in my small group at orientation. That was special.

Funny listening to you ACC guys talk about football. I didn't know yall played it with the notable exception of the SEC wannabies Florida State and Miami.......

auburn.jpg

Man, we had fun with Auburn in the Peach Bowl a few years ago. Thanks for the flashback.

Elk, that was the last time UNC was above .500 when Peppers was there wasn't it? I remember my freshman yr you came to Clemson and beat the heck out of us and Peppers had like 3 sacks and forced fumble and I think he scored it.

Aubie did you go to the Peach Bowl back in Jan? I was there damn good game. Clemson is 5-3 vs the SEC in the last 5 yrs with one loss in OT.

Elk, that was the last time UNC was above .500 when Peppers was there wasn't it? I remember my freshman yr you came to Clemson and beat the heck out of us and Peppers had like 3 sacks and forced fumble and I think he scored it.

Aubie did you go to the Peach Bowl back in Jan? I was there damn good game. Clemson is 5-3 vs the SEC in the last 5 yrs with one loss in OT.

Yep, that was the last good year. I'd be pretty pleased with .500 this year. Not playing Clemson will help us get there. Y'all should be pretty nasty this year.

My favorite Peppers play was against East Carolina when he put David Garrard in an alligator death roll and carried him 10 yards backwards into the end zone- no safety due to forward progress, but the whole stadium just went nuts.

Back