Unique Stir Plates

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually cigar boxes are quite common vessels for DIY stirplates.

I got mine from eBay, it's made from a clear plastic watertight container, looks sort of like tupperware.

Does he have a 5 gallon carboy full of water on a stir plate? NOT a good idea in my book anyway?

I got mine from a member here on the forum....made out of a wooden cigar box, and it seems to work just great.

It's a stir plate made out of a dominican cigar box. :rockin:

I believe that mine is Honduran. Plus, it goes to 11!
knob.jpg

It's one faster, isn't it?

My favorite stirplate so far was the one that used a PC fan + hard drive magnets, random wall-wort, cardboard and a piece of tupperware to set over it all and set the flask on top

My favorite stirplate so far was the one that used a PC fan + hard drive magnets, random wall-wort, cardboard and a piece of tupperware to set over it all and set the flask on top

I tried duplicating that one, but I could never get the magnets to catch the stir bar, they kept throwing them. I think it was more a problem with my magnets though. That was a great design though.

I tried duplicating that one, but I could never get the magnets to catch the stir bar, they kept throwing them. I think it was more a problem with my magnets though. That was a great design though.

your problems is too much Electricity. Mine (Bought here from Cookie) works great with 3 Volts going to it....I need to build one for myself...

Back