You All Suck!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KD5LEF

Reaction score
I brewed my first batch on the 9th of March and afterwards found this site. I bought the brewers best kit with the 6 gal glass carboy etc bla bla bla. I works quite nicely.

The fact that you all suck is that since joining. I have now contemplated my next batch, buying a turkey fryer, making a keggle, buying more carboys to do more than one batch at a time ( spacing them a week or so apart to give ample output at the correct times) and other various upgrades etc.

BTW - this is a fantastic freakin site and I am happy as hell to have found it / ya'll. :D :D :D :D

You won't think we suck when you have 40 or 50 gallons of quality brew on hand! Your wife may think we suck, but you won't. :D

i know how you feel. trying to figure out which credit card you can cram that new keggerator and brew setup.

You will tell yourself that you will keep it under controll, that you will use a budget, that 40 gallons of beer is more than enough to keep on hand... Then one day you wake up and your closet looks like this:
grain%20pron.JPG

Guess that just means you need to brew more....:mug:

I've only got about three batches of beer on hand, and my wife is asking what I'm going to do with it all!

Just one more batch, and then I'll take a break. I promise! he he he he...

I agree. 2 weeks in and I have a Saison in secondary, Eds Apfelwine in a bucket, and a Amber ale on way here cause I had an empty primary.

Fingers said:
You won't think we suck when you have 40 or 50 gallons of quality brew on hand! Your wife may think we suck, but you won't. :D

Or you brew something the wife likes...;)

Homercidal said:
I've only got about three batches of beer on hand, and my wife is asking what I'm going to do with it all!

Just one more batch, and then I'll take a break. I promise! he he he he...

Anyone who loves beer has to have at least 20 gallons aging in the cooler. You don't have to make excuses why you have so many kegs.

When you begin to sell your other toys to support your brewing habit you know its love. I've only been brewing for about 2 years and have upgraded everything twice. I can stop whenever I want. Really. Honest Honey, just one more batch this week! thats all I need!

deathweed said:
You will tell yourself that you will keep it under controll, that you will use a budget, that 40 gallons of beer is more than enough to keep on hand... Then one day you wake up and your closet looks like this:
View attachment 4824

Guess that just means you need to brew more....:mug:
Now that's what I call another addicted brewer! Getting ready to do a bulk grain buy thanks to an idea from you Texas brewers! I'm going full throtle to about the middle of may then just a few for the summer.

Myself and HWMBO are looking at buying our first house this summer/fall. We won't consider unless it already has a shed (or has room on the property to build one) for our brewery. A big one.

:D

I have four beers under my belt (about two months of brewing) most still conditioning. It all started with a kit i found at a garage sale. I now have one 7 g ale pale, three 10.7 g bucket fermenters, 2 carboys, keggle and IC with pre-chiller. Oh and the shipment from kegkits will be here by the end of the week to finish off the keezer! AND I THOUGHT I HAD A DRINKING PROBLEM! Welcome its a ton of fun!

EDIT: I forgot the MLT with sparge arm. Two extracts and we decided to go all grain!! yeeha

Oh, indeed, a slippery slope it is and it keeps getting steeper, longer and wider as time passes. The only thing you can do is hold on and enjoy the ride!!!:mug:

When you tell people you keg in the future, make sure you only tell the right people otherwise they'll automatically assume your a raging alcoholic :D

I sliding down the slope too! My LHBS is a mile from my office and 7 from my house, very tempting. SWMBO is for the most part fine with it, it only took me 2 mins to convince her I needed more carboys. The turkey fryer is a bit more tricky. I also agree this site and everyone on it is great!

I bought a kit from a friend early January. Two carboys and some bottles and tubes. Now I have an 8 gal. turkey fryer, an 10 gal mash tun, 2 plastic pales and i'm picking up my 1/2 barrel keg today. I know I have a problem because I check craigslist everyday when i'm supposed to be working.

KD5LEF said:
I brewed my first batch on the 9th of March and afterwards found this site. I bought the brewers best kit with the 6 gal glass carboy etc bla bla bla. I works quite nicely.

The fact that you all suck is that since joining. I have now contemplated my next batch, buying a turkey fryer, making a keggle, buying more carboys to do more than one batch at a time ( spacing them a week or so apart to give ample output at the correct times) and other various upgrades etc.

BTW - this is a fantastic freakin site and I am happy as hell to have found it / ya'll. :D :D :D

We suck because BMC BLOWS!:D

zoebisch01 said:
When you tell people you keg in the future, make sure you only tell the right people otherwise they'll automatically assume your a raging alcoholic :D

No problem there. Everybody who knows me already knows I'm a raging alcoholic.

:ban:

Chris

I spent 4-5 years just making a couple of batches a year mostly because they sucked and because I just didn't really know what I was doing. After finding this forum I have made the jump to all grain, made great beer, dedicated an entire room to brewing, and have already made 5 batches with more in the pipes for this year alone. You know your screwed when you spend more time on this forum during work than you spend actually doing work. I also have to say the people on here are awesome, couldn't do it without you.

PNWgirl said:
Myself and HWMBO are looking at buying our first house this summer/fall. We won't consider unless it already has a shed (or has room on the property to build one) for our brewery. A big one.

:D
NOW this here is MY KIND OF WOMAN!!!!!!
JJ

I brewed my first and second batches a week apart, then took a break until I started drinking them. I am still 1 week away from having anything ready to drink...I will never make that mistake again! 25 gal going right now, I also thank the people on this site for the great advice and ideas! 1 week to a Honey Wheat, 2 weeks to Brown Ale, 3 weeks to Raspberry Stout, 4 weeks to 10 gal of Apfelwien, and I brew again on Sunday!!!
What a great hobby!

brandona33 said:
I brewed my first and second batches a week apart, then took a break until I started drinking them. I am still 1 week away from having anything ready to drink...I will never make that mistake again! 25 gal going right now, I also thank the people on this site for the great advice and ideas! 1 week to a Honey Wheat, 2 weeks to Brown Ale, 3 weeks to Raspberry Stout, 4 weeks to 10 gal of Apfelwien, and I brew again on Sunday!!!
What a great hobby!
WACK JOB:D :D :D
JJ

I have a similar descent due to this site. After multiple less-than-inspiring home wine episodes, SWMBO told me to try beer - likely out of a sense of self-preservation.

I jury-rigged my wine gear into beer-gear and put together my first 5g in the beginning of February. Between then and now - due mainly to this site - I now have acquired two LP burners, HLT and MLT gear, a pump on its way, more carboys, a bigger boil kettle on its way, doo-dads and random hardware and a completely re-designed garage devoting about half the space to beer-gear.

I keep pointing out that I'm rapidly descending into obsession (sold my extra guitar amp for funds to assemble my AG rig, etc.) and she keeps reminding me it was her idea. When I talk about getting a garage fridge to modify into a temp-controlled lagering unit she says "yeah, cool." I even showed her this thread last night and she thought it was funny and asked what I was going to make next.

Back off. She's mine. The only problem now is that I'm effectively unchaperoned...

Gordie

Gordie said:
I even showed her this thread last night and she thought it was funny and asked what I was going to make next.

Sounds like you're going to need a kegerator and a brew sculpture, too. Maybe a conical as well.

ChrisS68 said:
No problem there. Everybody who knows me already knows I'm a raging alcoholic.

:ban:

Chris

You're a drunk. Alcoholics have to go to those stupid meetings.

Back