My first label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashleyk

Reaction score
Well I guess 2nd label would be more accurate... I started out with this idea:
StickEmLabel2.jpg
but then after spending hours messing around to figure out how to use photoshop to get that.... I impulsively decided I didn't like it and started over... and ended up with this, that I am much happier with:
StickEmAlt2.jpg

Let me know what you guys think, I'm going to try to enter them in label contests, I did one already... but the winners tied- one of which was a great label, but the other was a black marker on white paper... and just so happened to be a spinal tap reference and therefore won many more votes... Its ok, i'm just not clever enough to think of funny catchy references...

The background texture makes the text really pop, but the pistols are kind of lost in it. Instead of running the same effect on the pistols as the background, keep the pistols clean and adjust their color to match the background. Just my two cents.

i would definitely change the background contrast on the second one. The first one is better, however I'd mess with it more. I would try using the "magic eraser" on photoshop and try and clean up the background of the first one. It would allow you to move the graphic as a whole without worrying about the labels you are going to print onto.

I would also try and sharpen the outside of the scroll so it doesnt blend into the gray backdrop.

Good start though. I hope you are using the save option in photoshop to keep all your layers active.

Latest posts

Back