Heath Ledger Found Dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShortSnoutBrewing

Kwanesum Chinook Illahee
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share. Anticipating his portrail of the Joker in the upcoming Batman release...Is that done filming? I believe it has been for a while...

Not that I believe everything I see on the internet...but several news outlets are reporting his body was found in his apartment in NYC.

Professor Frink said:
What a tease. If only it was true...
Actor Heath Ledger has been found dead in a Manhattan apartment, New York police tell CNN.

If it's on the Internet, it has to be true! :D

IMDB says that "The Dark Knight" is in post-production.

I thought he was a great actor and am sad to see him gone. I really liked "A Knight's Tale" and thought he did a good job on "the Patriot" (although I'm disappointed in Mel Gibson's latest antics, that was one heckuva movie)

Wow, is this sad. We catch "10 things I hate about you" all the time on TBS. Another young actor died a couple weeks ago--also due to drug

This guy had potential for an outstanding career. :(

Is it sad that the first thing that came to mind was, "They've at least finished the new Batman movie, right?"

Also this week, was Andy Palacio's death.

Musician from Belize, he revived and made better known the Garifuna style of music (Garifuna = displaced population of St Vincent island, shoved into Belize, probably by the Brits?)

He played up here in Boston last summer, outdoors, a great show.

Evan! said:
If I were Jerry Falwell, I'd say that it was god's punishment for playing that homo-sexshull cowboy...

How would that conversation take place? You might presume that if Falwell was correct he'd be having that conversation in Hell.

did anyone else notice that he was found dead in Mary Kate Olsen's apartment? I wonder if he was doing lines with her and Bob Saget?

blacklab said:
did anyone else notice that he was found dead in Mary Kate Olsen's apartment? I wonder if he was doing lines with her and Bob Saget?

I'm hearing mixxed reports on that aspect. Some say it was her apt, other's saying that is false.

Bob Saget...now there's an under appreciated man... :tank: :rockin:

I've gotta say that I don't wish anyone any ill will, but I was never a fan, I thought he was a real stuck up Pr!ck as evidenced in a couple of interviews.

Oh well RIP, hope you are happier in the next life...

Bob Saget;

There was a particularly great 1 hour special with him on HBO a few months ago. Just him doing standup; man he is a filthy m'fer. Hilarious.

blacklab said:

From msn.com:

The Times initially reported that Ledger was found in an apartment owned by actress Mary-Kate Olsen, but a spokesperson for the actress, who is at the Sundance Film Festival, later told the Times the apartment was not Olsen's.

Evan! said:
If I were Jerry Falwell, I'd say that it was god's punishment for playing that homo-sexshull cowboy...

Somebody had to say it..................glad you beat me to it. No pun intended, you pigs.:cross:

He completes the trio. Celebs always die in groups of three. This week:

Susan Pleshette (Newhart)

That guy who played Sam the butcher on the Brady Bunch who was always sticking it to Alice

and now Heath Ledger.

Celebs are all breathing a sigh of relief now that that grisly statistic has been satisfied.

This is really upsetting. He was one of the few actors willing to take any risks these days. I'm pretty sure the Batman movie is in post, wonder what they will do about releasing it now, hopefully it won't be too delayed, I'm really looking forward to it.

TheJadedDog said:
...snip...hopefully it won't be too delayed, I'm really looking forward to it.

Me too.

"arbitrary phrase to lengthen my post above the minimum length threshold"

Well, Brandon Lee died during The Crow, and they finished something like 1/3 of his scenes with digital effects...and that was 199...something. 91 or 92 maybe?

Is kind of a bummer. Seemed like a decent actor, and he was younger than me. Man I'm feeling old now.

blacklab said:
Bob Saget;

There was a particularly great 1 hour special with him on HBO a few months ago. Just him doing standup; man he is a filthy m'fer. Hilarious.

Ever seen The Aristocrats? He's downright perverse in that movie. Cracked me up!:D

Bummer. I really liked him in The Patriot and 10 things. I was looking forward to his performance as the Joker in Batman, so at least we'll still get to see that.

talleymonster said:
Ever seen The Aristocrats? He's downright perverse in that movie. Cracked me up!:D

Yeah, that ain't the same guy that played a single dad, or hosted a video show. FUNNY!!!!! :rockin:

I thought he was a good actor, Really liked A Knights Tale, 10 things, The Patriot and the Clips I have heard from the new Batman were amazing he Laughs just like Nicholson it will be a great movie and it is all done filiming.

Back