Buffalo wild wings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your welcome. Two many people cant take a joke. Its to hard too convey sarcasm thru text on a screen sometimes. They're is to much room for misinterpretation.

It's worth noting that my own post is giving me a headache to read it.

who woulda thought someone who is all knowing is also judgmental and uppity at the same time, the trifecta of appealing personality traits:D, good luck with that. I'm sure its as appreciated in real life as it is on the internet...

Bovines a good guy, he got caught up in a thread. Happens to the best of us. Let it go.

Bovineblitz why don't you just delete account on here. Your obviously not here to enjoy the craft of brewing and have discussions about brewing and other things about our hobby. I keep reading your post and you are just keep arguing and disrespecting people for defending the guy who is happy and had a nice laugh at a funny commercial. Take the stick out an relax or just get the hell off of here man. Maybe your just upset about something and taking it out on here hiding behind your computer or phone but don't take it out on here. Please don't bother correcting my rant on your rudeness. I really don't care to worry about my grammar on here. Drink a beer and relax.

Uh, I was poking fun at bovine also, but you might notice he has 1,920 posts on here. Did you read through all those posts to come to that conclusion? I just glanced back through his recent posts and he gives a lot of good advice in threads about brewing. The 50th thread on a BWW commercial is not exactly here to give anyone any brewing knowledge.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see your second post. It's pretty easy to get a little worked up about stuff on forums. Text on a screen can make you forget there's a human at the other end.

anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

While I haven't read all bovines threads, I can atleast attest to the fact he seems to be a premium supporter. which i believe means that he took it upon himself to give his own money so that we can all continue to learn from and enjoy this forum. That alone let's me think he can't be all bad, perhaps just a bit crotchety when it comes to homebrew humor. So deleting his account seems a little much.

Of course a bunch of free loading members discussing how he should delete his account is ironic to say the least :/

While I haven't read all bovines threads, I can atleast attest to the fact he seems to be a premium supporter. which i believe means that he took it upon himself to give his own money so that we can all continue to learn from and enjoy this forum. That alone let's me think he can't be all bad, perhaps just a bit crotchety when it comes to homebrew humor. So deleting his account seems a little much.

Nah, I'm pretty much all bad and hate homebrewing. It's obvious based on my comments in a non-brewing thread.

God forbid I don't appreciate/understand kitschy humor. I'm sure you all would be surprised at some of the things that entertain others as well.

Well that explains it, and saved me from fact checking thousands of posts.
I am always surprised at the number of people who seem to enjoy continually attempting to express sarcasm and dry senses of humor on the Internet.

Nah, I'm pretty much all bad and hate homebrewing. It's obvious based on my comments in a non-brewing thread.

God forbid I don't appreciate/understand kitschy humor. I'm sure you all would be surprised at some of the things that entertain others as well.

I bet you're a hoot to hang out with.

bovineblitz said:
I was gonna do the popcorn thing actually, I find it pretty amusing as well.

You find that amusing? Pfffft... you clearly have the worst sense of humor anybody has ever had, ever. In the history of the universe. And I am the absolute authority on senses of humor, so I would know. Jeez, try to learn the difference between funny and not funny, and maybe you won't look so pathetic.

bottlebomber said:
C'mon emjay, don't stir it... Don't do it..
Screw it. Come at me bro.

Not really trying to stir anything. Just an attempt to get him to see how such postS (yes... more than just one!) of his are totally ridiculous and uncalled for.

You find that amusing? Pfffft... you clearly have the worst sense of humor anybody has ever had, ever. In the history of the universe. And I am the absolute authority on senses of humor, so I would know. Jeez, try to learn the difference between funny and not funny, and maybe you won't look so pathetic.

popcorn_yes.gif

:ban::ban::ban:

After all the hype I finally went to YouTube and watched it.... Yup, pretty damn hilarious. If your feelings get hurt over this, you really gotta find some thicker skin. Will I ever eat there? Probably not. Not because I'd this commercial but from what I've read/heard about their food and beverage selection. Big chains should never discount the power of word of mouth.

I also see that auto correct on my phone didn't catch your and turn it into you're for me. I will not attempt to try and tap the proper 1/96th area of my screen to fix it in my current state. All attempts will be fruitless.

ohai said:
Not because I'd [sic] this commercial but from what I've read/heard about their food and beverage selection.

Actually, what may be the funniest part about all this is that BW3 probably has a better beer selection than any other chain of similar size. That's not to say it's true of ALL their locations, as there do indeed seem to be locations that don't really carry any craft beer, but if I were stuck in a random, unfamiliar town with only large chain restaurants/bars and felt like a pint of craft beer, my money would be on BW3 having the best selection.

So it's actually pretty funny that people are getting so butthurt over their perception that the chain is trying to insult craft/homebrew, when it couldn't be further from the truth. Their food, on the other hand, is indeed usually mediocre at best. So if I really were stuck in the above hypothetical town, I would have to choose between decent food or decent beer. I would most likely grab a bite somewhere else first, and then drop by BW3 to see if that particular location carries any decent brews.

emjay said:
Actually, what may be the funniest part about all this is that BW3 probably has a better beer selection than any other chain of similar size. That's not to say it's true of ALL their locations, as there do indeed seem to be locations that don't really carry any craft beer, but if I were stuck in a random, unfamiliar town with only large chain restaurants/bars and felt like a pint of craft beer, my money would be on BW3 having the best selection.

It may have something to do with local or regional management. My local restaurant seems to put put better food than one I went to elsewhere. And where I live they have the biggest beer selection and are the only ones with craft beer aside from Bell's Oberon (very popular in Michigan)

After all the hype I finally went to YouTube and watched it.... Yup, pretty damn hilarious. If your feelings get hurt over this, you really gotta find some thicker skin. Will I ever eat there? Probably not. Not because I'd this commercial but from what I've read/heard about their food and beverage selection. Big chains should never discount the power of word of mouth.

I also see that auto correct on my phone didn't catch your and turn it into you're for me. I will not attempt to try and tap the proper 1/96th area of my screen to fix it in my current state. All attempts will be fruitless.

Idk where you'd think it 'hurts my feelings' or that I actually care all that much. In a not very serious thread I posted what I thought, pretty simple... not really very invested in what people think about that (though the overreactions are pretty amusing :tank:)

I don't think BWW is terrible, I'll go there to watch a football game or two... their more unusual styles of wings are pretty good and they have a billion TVs. You can get a halfway decent beer but nothing special... then again when I go to a bar to watch football usually some of the people I'm with just want something cheap, so it kinda works out. Other than that I doubt I'd hit one up. As Dudius said, it's possible they vary a lot regionally depending on who runs them, but I've never had a bad experience at one.

I hope you're just trolling with your last little paragraph there :drunk:

Idk where you'd think it 'hurts my feelings' or that I actually care all that much. In a not very serious thread I posted what I thought, pretty simple... not really very invested in what people think about that (though the overreactions are pretty amusing :tank:)

I wasn't really referring to anybody in particular. Right on about it not being a very serious thread.

I hope you're just trolling with your last little paragraph there :drunk:

It took me a few minutes to figure this one out. I re-read the thread and I see the comments about spelling earlier. That was a drunk me just being a smartass all around. I caught it as I was about to hit the send button but there was no way in hell of fixing it.

So, no offense intended for anybody except those who think they should take offense. :)

I wasn't really referring to anybody in particular. Right on about it not being a very serious thread.

It took me a few minutes to figure this one out. I re-read the thread and I see the comments about spelling earlier. That was a drunk me just being a smartass all around. I caught it as I was about to hit the send button but there was no way in hell of fixing it.

So, no offense intended for anybody except those who think they should take offense. :)

:mug:

Back