Small CIP Spray Nozzle or Spray Ball?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alowell

Reaction score
Found this at Grainger. Stainless steel and made in USA

Item # Qty. Description Brand
Mfr. Model # Usually
Ships** Price
Water Jetter Nozzle, 1/8, 1/4In, Propulsion
4CW87
View Larger
Water Jetter Nozzle, 1/8, 1/4In, Propulsion
>More Details...
Country of Origin: USA
RIDGID
H-41/64742 Today
$43.75

I've seen those and they are usually referred to as sewer cleaning nozzles. The thing is, they only spray one jet forward and some backward. I think I may need better coverage.

It may not do what you want, but a thought: I used a small sprinkler head at the end of a 18" riser connected to a fish tank pump to clean my carboys.

One of those deals:

rainbird-1800-nozzles.jpg

It shoots 360-degrees, but upwards only. In my case, that's fine, as the cleaning fluid will drape back on the sides of the upside down carboy.

M_C

Interesting idea with the sprinkler heads, that may work if I go through the harvest port. Some sprayballs spin and some are stationary. I need either one, the diameter of the thing is the big question. I want my fermenter to stay put and I don't want to drag it out of the cooler to clean it. Therefore, I need a sprayball/nozzle that can be inserted through the 1.5" TC port on the fermenter and then be taken out when cleaning is finished.

Back