cherry wheat fermentation questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david83

Reaction score
hello all a quick question about a batch i brewed.it was a wheat beer i brewed it fermented fine after about 4 days i transfered it into secondary and put in 3 lbs of cherries and has been in secondary for almost 2 weeks.after transfering onto the cherries it started fementing like crazy i fully expected this,but here it is almost 2 weeks later and i still have bubbles coming out of the blow off tube.i know bubbles dont mean much,but how long will this wort keep releasing co2 ?i ask because my hydrometer broke this weekend and i wont be able to take a reading until i can get to my lhbs this weekend and get a new one,and i dont know how long it should sit on cherries? thanks dave.

Adding fruit adds a layer of randomness to brewing, in my experience. My latest fruit addition was for a cherry stout and it fermented out quickly, about 5 days. But I've had others take much longer.

If its still showing visible signs of active fermentation, I'd leave it.

yeah its gonna be in secondary for a while the last thing i need are bottle bombs.thanks guys for the answers.

Back