Approved for Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akchris

Reaction score
So the SWMBO tell me today that she thinks I should build the kegerator I've been wanting. This is no small victory here...Two small children single income family, non drinker Wife. I'm already searching CL for a freezer. Sorry for the lack of content, but I just had to tell someone who would care...Everyone I know is cheap beer from a can oriented. I'm just so excited it's rediculous!:ban::ban::ban:

I don't have any such constraints but I'm excited for you none the less ha ha ha. How did you convince her? In my province beer is extremely expensive so if I had a wife I could dazzle her with potential savings but in Alaska I'm not sure that's the case?

Didn't really need convincing. I don't really ask for much and I think she can see how much I enjoy good beer. That and I think she is tired of me cluttering up the pantry with empty bottles to fill;)

doing the same as you. though i'm starting with the basic kit first. i figured by the time the summer rolls around i'll build a collar around the freezer and install some tap handles. for now the basic party handles will save me a few bux and at least get me into kegging. just ordered my kit last night. going to be an early xmas gift. got a cream ale that needs bottling, but going to get it into one of the kegs, purge it with Co2 and let it sit until new years!
good luck with it!

I'll be using sanke kegs for the time being. I have a 1/2 bbl 2 1/4bbl and 1 1/6 bbl to use until I can pick up some cornies. My folks just bought a place and they were siting in the basement. But I will also more than likely be using picnic taps until I can fab up something else.:drunk:

I'll be using sanke kegs for the time being. I have a 1/2 bbl 2 1/4bbl and 1 1/6 bbl to use until I can pick up some cornies.

IMHO, once you learn how to use the sankes, no need to use corny kegs. Of course your opinion and experience may vary, but just MO, sankes work great.

The only reason I would go to cornies are due to size. if I could come across some 1/6 sankes then I would go that route, but the cornies seem to be easier to come by without weighing on my conscience.

Back