Greetings from Oak Park, IL (near Chicago)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBrewingNotter

Reaction score
Hi folks!

I send greetings and salutations from Oak Park, IL :fro:!

I've been extract brewing for a while now, and have just started doing partial mashes. I've learned much from reading these delightful forums and hope to apply your knowledge to making tasty beers in the future.

Things seem to be working well already. I seem to have recruited a few of the HBT bananas to give me a hand...or so I hope.

:ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

They seem enthusiastic enough, albeit with a frightening lack of mobility. Regardless, I'm sure they're delicious.....

Matt

Wish I would have ran into you sooner. I lived in Oak Park for a LONGGG time, I had the basic equipment but never did anything with it until I moved out here to Elmhurst and now I am focusing on Gluten-Free brews.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome. I was born in Crete (south of Chicago Heights), but left in 1965. Had my first beer in 1960 there. Don't remember the brand, but it was one of those 100F 100% RH days and the beer was warm. Didn't have another for a decade.

Welcome. I also lived in Oak Park for many years. Still live only a few minutes away. There is also a Chicagoland brewer's group on here, you should check it out.

It's awesome to see this many Chicagoland brewers post on here. I lived there most of life before relocating to Florida. You have some outstanding homebrew clubs around you. Chicago Beer Society and the Brewers of South Chicago (BOSS). I learned a lot about brewing from the good folks of these clubs. Check them out if you haven't already. You'll be glad you did.

1629928709611.png

Latest posts

Back