Cheap/ High ABV Batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klkl

Reaction score
I am interested in trying a less expensive brew. Has anyone had any success with using table sugar in their brew as a base sugar, and to boost alcohol content? I have read about the cider flavor that is inherent with using table sugar, but I was wondering if there is any value to cane sugar or if it should be avoided entirely.

I was thinking of doing a 50/50 malt sugar brew, using 4lbs. of light malt extract to 4lbs of some type of sugar. Does anyone have experience using cane sugar in large amounts? Thanks

Truly, if getting drunk is all you're after, why waste your time homebrewing?

I've seen 40 oz'rs for as low as $.89 per bottle.

Unless, of course, you're underage. In which case, good luck and I don't think you'll get much help here.

:mug:

That wouldn't make beer.

Use all malt extract or mostly malt extract with a couple pounds of honey. I have never used honey but many brewers on this forum use it to lighten the body. If you search for it, you will find more info.

If you decide to try your "sugar method", let us know how it went. I bet it will suck

Malt Liquor and Orange Juice.

We calls it a :
brass01.jpg

That funky monkey

Back