Looking for some Russian River beer (Pliney)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r2eng

Reaction score
OK, I live in Idaho, and there's no distributer for RR here.

Is there someone wanting to do a swap for some Pliney? I had had some great IPA's in my time, but I need to try this one due to the many comments and comparisons.

I can get many things here, such as Deschutes (Abyss, Hop Trip, etc.), and a great newcomer Beer Valley (the Imperial Pale ale is a nice IIPA). etc.

Let me know if anyone is willing to do a swap, and let me know what you'd like. PM's please and we can work things out.

Thanks!
Eric

Yeah, I know. But If I am going to pay for shipping, I would rather trade a beer.

Yeah, I know. But If I am going to pay for shipping, I would rather trade a beer.

Dang I wish you would have said something a couple of weeks ago I just sent my SS and another HBT some Pliny last week. I'm kind of burnt out on shipping beer right now not to mention it's expensive which with the holidays isn't a good thing. Maybe talk to me after Christmas and I'll be in a better mood about it. By the way what you got up there in ID that I can't bet down here in Oregon. I can get Beer Valley and or course Deschutes.

Edit Well it looks like your good to go so never mind. By the way your going to like the Pliny

It was part of my SS package and an inspiration for a clone (ish) I did yesterday:

Pliny.jpg

I suppose this thread is done anyway, so I'll hijack...

BM, did you try the Ale to the Chief yet? I don't know about the politics on the label, but the beer was my favorite of the batch. Just a great hop profile that covered the fact that it is an 8.75% ABV beer.

I suppose this thread is done anyway, so I'll hijack...

BM, did you try the Ale to the Chief yet? I don't know about the politics on the label, but the beer was my favorite of the batch. Just a great hop profile that covered the fact that it is an 8.75% ABV beer.

Not yet. That and the Small Batch (9.25% IIPA) are on deck for a slow tasting session this week.

Those beers deserve a solo performance (on a full stomach) :drunk:

Since I have the go ahead, if anyone else wants to trade some beer and has some Pliny the Elder around PM me. I can get whatever we have around TX. Nothing too special, but I will be at the Whip In soon and they have some new releases coming from their cellar...

uwjester tried his best, but the stores are sold out. Maybe Santa likes Pliney!! Thanks for trying!

As far as other trades, not sure what I have that some lucky Oregonians can't get any day of the week! The only good Idaho beer I have had isn't bottled. Laughing Dog sucks, IMO.

There's been rumors that Sockeye Brewery has a winter beer in 22oz bombers. If they do, that would be a real rarity and worth some trades! Sockeye's IPA's (like Dagger Falls) and stouts (Purple Haze) are excellent.

Anyhow, open for trades again. Send a list of what you'd like and I can see what I can do. I do have a lone bottle of Hale's Troll porter left that I could trade (sob...sob, sob). One of my fav's, to be sure! I can also get Deschutes Dissedent and Abyss among most west/northwest brews.

*edit* I may be able to part with a bottle of the Double-W... I have 7 12ozers set aside for a contest, but I think I only need 6.

Thanks!

I wish I could help you out with some Pliny because I've been drooling over The Dissident and The Abyss since they've come out, but they are unavailable in Illinois.

Hey! Saint Charles, IL!

I was born and raised ('til 13) in Crystal Lake. My relatives are in Palatine, Elmhurst and Algonquin.

Been in Idaho for about 30 years.

I have a bottle of Dissident and a bottle of Abyss. Last years Abyss was really tasty I haven't tried this years yet but will probably do that come Christmas. Originally I bought two bottles of the Dissident and the first bottle I didn't like all that much, I'm going to age the other for a year and see if it's better.

Small world r2eng! I've called this area home (Elgin) for nearly all my life and love the Saint Charles area. Girlfriend is originally from Crystal Lake so I've grown quite accustomed over the years to hotdogs from Tommy's.

Sounds like the Abyss is something to really look forward to each year. A former coworker was out in Portland around release time, but was unable to obtain a couple of bottles for my cellar, had to settle for some Damnation - darn my luck. We have a pretty nice selection in the Midwest so I can't complain.

Patrick

Back