Magic bullet for cracking grains

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fastdoc

Reaction score
My buddy has a grain mill that I've used in the past but I don't want to drive all the way over to his house. He told me he's used a coffee grinder in the past but I don't think we have one.

We do have a magic bullet. It will blend the hell out of the grains. Think that's okay or would it be too much powder?

I think that will pulverize the grain, not really a good situation.

1fastdoc said:
My buddy has a grain mill that I've used in the past but I don't want to drive all the way over to his house. He told me he's used a coffee grinder in the past but I don't think we have one.

We do have a magic bullet. It will blend the hell out of the grains. Think that's okay or would it be too much powder?
You don't really want to grind them, you want to crush them (which is what a mill does). The goal is to expose the kernel.

What are you making? If you are doing a extract brew with some speciality grains ( crystal, black,roasted ) you can get away with grinding small amounts. The grinding of the grains breaks up the husks which leads to adding a tanic flavor to the beer. Just dont over do it.

Back