All Grain with low gravity.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyKim

Reaction score
just brewed a hefeweizen and my gravity reading is 1.030 of the estimate 1.056. what can i do to boost the gravity a little higher?

i had a huge mess using a plate chiller today so i lost some wort in the process.

thanks in advance!

If you have some DME, I'd add about a pound and a half to it. If you want to simply add points with affecting the flavor too much, you could use sugar as well. Not the optimal way to have to go, but it will work.

i can run to the LHBS tom and pick up some DME. i need something thats fermentable. any other suggestions?

EDIT: i wanna bump the og(fermentable) a little higher b/c i dont want this beer to come out tooo dry. suppose to be slightly on the malty side. perhaps i can throw in more honey? (honey was on of the ingredients)

i can run to the LHBS tom and pick up some DME. i need something thats fermentable. any other suggestions?

EDIT: i wanna bump the og(fermentable) a little higher b/c i dont want this beer to come out tooo dry. suppose to be slightly on the malty side. perhaps i can throw in more honey? (honey was on of the ingredients)

Honey will ferment almost completely making it even dryer, it also takes longer to ferment.

If you want it to have some maltiness, you need to add some unfermentables as well. Not sure what you would add, maybe some amber extract? Personally, I would probably mash a couple pounds of crystal malt and add that.

Honey will ferment almost completely making it even dryer, it also takes longer to ferment.

If you want it to have some maltiness, you need to add some unfermentables as well. Not sure what you would add, maybe some amber extract? Personally, I would probably mash a couple pounds of crystal malt and add that.

im gonna take a ride and ask them about these suggestions. thanks!

Latest posts

Back