What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bobmcstuff said:
Blackjack Doppelkopf (black wheat) in Soup Kitchen, Manchester.

Thinks it's a bohemian bar in new York or something but it's actually full of *****es.

Nice beer though.

Sounds like it could be any bar in NYC if its full of *****es. More so if I happen to be in the particular bar. ;D

TNGabe said:
I will neither confirm nor deny that statement. I will say I had dreads for 5 years and used to work in a head shop and allow you to draw your own conclusions.

We could probably just leave it at that ;)

Sounds like it could be any bar in NYC if its full of *****es. More so if I happen to be in the particular bar. ;D

I think the key difference is that these people are *****ebags because they wish they were in New York but they aren't. Whereas I guess in New York you don't really get that problem??

We don't need no stinkin Zwanze.

image-3452424875.jpg

bobmcstuff said:
I think the key difference is that these people are *****ebags because they wish they were in New York but they aren't. Whereas I guess in New York you don't really get that problem??

No it's actually the opposite effect, at least for implanted "New Yorkers" both hipster and non hipster alike. Time spent living in NYC actually amplifies *****ey like qualities dramatically. For the non hipsters here for work, the snobbery of dealing with upper echelon manhattanites becomes almost reflex for survival. They say Fake it til you make it and they definitely do.

And for the hipster persona coming to NYC allows them to fully express their inner weirdo and spread their *****y wings. Doing the hip stuff they wanted to do when they were living in their small town would get them beat up, wedgied then stuffed in their locker. Now doing those things gets them labelled "creative" and "unique" by other useless humans with no real worries or responsibilities. NYC is no longer the rough and tough inner city it was. It is now a haven for all the wealthy rejects from everywhere else to come live in a **** hole loft in Brooklyn for $4300 a month, live off of their disappointed parents success and wealth and become smelly artists. Raising rent and inflating the prices of all products so badly that normal hardworking blue and white collar families can't afford to live in the neighborhoods they, and their parents were raised in.

There's my rant for the day. I need a drink! :D

No it's actually the opposite effect, at least for implanted "New Yorkers" both hipster and non hipster alike. Time spent living in NYC actually amplifies *****ey like qualities dramatically. For the non hipsters here for work, the snobbery of dealing with upper echelon manhattanites becomes almost reflex for survival. They say Fake it til you make it and they definitely do.

And for the hipster persona coming to NYC allows them to fully express their inner weirdo and spread their *****y wings. Doing the hip stuff they wanted to do when they were living in their small town would get them beat up, wedgied then stuffed in their locker. Now doing those things gets them labelled "creative" and "unique" by other useless humans with no real worries or responsibilities. NYC is no longer the rough and tough inner city it was. It is now a haven for all the wealthy rejects from everywhere else to come live in a **** hole loft in Brooklyn for $4300 a month, live off of their disappointed parents success and wealth and become smelly artists. Raising rent and inflating the prices of all products so badly that normal hardworking blue and white collar families can't afford to live in the neighborhoods they, and their parents were raised in.

Excellent! Manchester hipsters sound less bad then... They also wish they were creative and unique but at least are generally harmless.

FWIW I went to NYC this time last year, going again in Dec (Missus likes it)... Liked it to visit, but not sure I would live there.

I was (don't say I still am) an ******* when I lived in NYC and a few years into college (from NYC to CT). Once I learned how causasians lived, I wanted to be just like them. Now, I consider myself one. :fro:

I grew up in the South Bronx and it was tough as **** when I lived there. The first taste of CT I got was college. BTW, I'm an eighties baby.

Billy-Klubb said:
I know I posted this before, but it has once again become relevant.

Nnnnice. Have you seen clips of him playing in the 50s railed out of his gourd trying not to to grind his teeth to dust ala Neil Young at the last waltz?

mcbaumannerb said:
That's quite a crap load of Jackie O's you have there! Enjoy! :mug:

It is and I am.

sfrisby said:
I've never heard of Jackie O's Bourbon cherry grove, but I'd like to learn more about it.

This one is a few years old. Last release was infected and terrible. This is great though.

Channel66 said:
Proof of said hair or it didn't happen.

I'll see if I can find the one pic I have. I'm wearing a tam, but it's quite full.

Odell Red

ForumRunner_20130914_220008.jpg

I'm in a "red ale" mood. Spotted a nice barleywine in the fridge which I might go for next though.

Odell Red

I'm in a "red ale" mood. Spotted a nice barleywine in the fridge which I might go for next though.

Me, too-picked up a 4 pack of Great Lakes Nosferatu. Everyone else can have your pumpkin beers for the fall. Ill take this imperial red seasonal!

Still workin on my Berlin Wheats till I start two comcecutive days of IPA bnrewing...new age IPA's of my own invention. Got the local spring water today.

Back