My Fridge Set Up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Since I added an image or two for an earlier thread, I thought I would post some photos of my Fridge set ups.

My Old Fridge has been decommissioned and re-purposed as a fermenter lagerator.
3712-IMG_9833.JPG

It's been releated to the garage, but with the help of a JC temp controller, it keeps a 70 - 75 degree environment. In a pinch, I can set it to Lagering temps.
3712-IMG_9580.JPG

Here is where I had the faucet. I used a huge bolt to cover the hole.
3712-IMG_9830.JPG

I opted for the bolt because you never know when you might want to switch back. I also had a faucet on the right side. A few words of advice for those of you considering making your own kegerator. Plan ahead. I started out with one tap and quickly moved to two. It would have been nicer if I had both holes centered on the door right off the bat.

See next post for serving fridge...

Here is the new Serving Fridge.
3712-IMG_9828.JPG

Here are the 4 Horsemen
Two of the tappers are Perlicks and the other two are standard issue.
3712-IMG_9818.JPG

The tappers are all pre 1960, the Blatz is definately 50's. I'm not sure of the Gettleman pedigree, but it was brewed in Milwaukee until the 70's.

Here is the inside.
The main compartment hold 4 cornies perhaps 6 if I remove the 1 gallon shelves on the door's. I haven't tried that yet.
3712-IMG_9822.JPG

And the floor.

3712-IMG_9824.JPG

The floor is on two pieces for easy removal.

I wouldn't think it worth the risk. Set a keg down hard once and you'll be repairing the shelf while your beer warms up to room temp. :mad:

Another reason is that most medium sized fridges won't hold a corny without a tight squeeze if you don't take the shelf out. In my fridge, the original shelf sat 2-3 higher than the one I built. Would have made getting at the quick connects a real PITA.

Looks like ollllo's was about 5 inches higher.

Back