uncarbonated brew.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taelmore

Reaction score
I have a friend, No really I do, but he did not put the right amount sugar in a bottling time and all the beer is flat. The question that was posed is, If you go and take all the caps off and put in the carbonation drops, pellets will it turn out in the end and be a carbonated beer?

I have a friend, No really I do, but he did not put the right amount sugar in a bottling time and all the beer is flat. The question that was posed is, If you go and take all the caps off and put in the carbonation drops, pellets will it turn out in the end and be a carbonated beer?

Good question. I am about to try this with my first brew. I boiled the sugar in a very large pot, and I think a large amount of it remained in the pot. Then, I didn't combine the sugar with the beer very well (no stirring/ swirling).

After four weeks at room temp, the bottles are barely carbed. There is a sound when you open the can, buy few bubble and no head. The beer does seem to be getting slightly better, so I figure the yeast is alive and well.

I plan to lightly chill the beer (45-50 degrees or so) and put a few of the Munton's tablets in each one. We'll see if that works.

Adding carb tabs/drops will work, but... be double-sure you really need them or you could have bottle-bombs. Depending on carbonation temperature and how much yeast was in suspension at bottling, it could take up to 4-5 weeks for beers to carb.

Back