I declare shenanigans on Ed Wort!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And speaking of the Philli-, Fili-, uh pHillippines, when I ordered my SWMBO, they said she would be SWWOM, now she's off taking trips and buying jewlrey and ordering stuf from AMazon and ebay. Plus she quit one of her jobs! Now I can only brew like once twice per week.

And what's wioth all of these stupid commercials on TV. Santa this and x'mas thatt and it's not like everyone's happy about it.

Then when I get home theres water leaking everywhere and my mash is too cool SWISTOM is just sitting there ardering stuff on amabay. Is this beer supposed to just make itself?!!!

I hate that.

And what is with this wimpy a$$ appflewine anyways??? All that sugar and no alcohol. WTH?\

hic

I know, I know...Santa is a bastard!

i want to know what a swwom is. and i think i want one.

don't know why but swwom for some reason reminded me of this...

lair_of_the_white_worm.jpg

Am I the only one that has seen this movie?

I guess the lesson is don't trust the "travel agent" when he says she will obey your every command and don't try something new by getting rid of your spent grains down the kitchen sink when you don't have a garbage disposal and you have inaugurated your new batch of apfelwein.

I just afraid because I have pilot lights on my stove and furnace.

I guess the lesson is don't trust the "travel agent" when he says she will obey your every command and don't try something new by getting rid of your spent grains down the kitchen sink when you don't have a garbage disposal and you have inaugurated your new batch of apfelwein.

I just afraid because I have pilot lights on my stove and furnace.

I too am afraid of the pilot lights! Do not look at the lights!:tank:

I hereby declare the word Pilot Light to be the least funny word on the internets, 10 pages of google image didn't net me ONE humorous picture...

Shhesh, I'm loosing my touch.

My traditional x'mas movies are Santa Clause and X'Mas Vacation.

(She Who Would Obey Me) or (She Who Is Supposed to Obey Me)

So, is there going to be a poll about the drunk, Santa picture, or has it been decided that Big Kahuna is the ONE? :off:

I'll prolly start the thread tomorrow...I still need to figure out who all the "players" should be....There's gotta be one "straight man" in the poll I think. Evan! BK, & Gnome are perfect...we just need one who it would be soo unlike them, and so cool if they adopted it...someone not prone to silliness.

So..... did this guy use yeast, or does he just think he's drunk? Like when you don't tell people they're drinking O'Doul's and they just act drunk while you laugh like hell?

So..... did this guy use yeast, or does he just think he's drunk? Like when you don't tell people they're drinking O'Doul's and they just act drunk while you laugh like hell?

??? Apple Juice already has the yeast in it when you buy it. You don't need to add yeast.

??? Apple Juice already has the yeast in it when you buy it. You don't need to add yeast.

Can I start a thread titled "How many gallons of dontman's apple juice with sugar in it have been made"?

(I think he's just messing with us)

I did it 5 G of Apple Juice, 2.5 of corn sugar. OG of 1.07 (something like that) FG of .096.
Something was in there.

I did not start this thread as an "idiot forgets yeast" troll thread but it kind of headed in that direction. Congrats to Barleywater for noticing that I quoted the Starting and Finishing Gravities with a lot of alcohol in the OP. (For those who wondered about yeast.)

By the way the kids came some from school and took a nap without me even asking.

I didn't bother quoting, I noticed it originally...I know you yeasted it...

But I did notice you didn't post much after awhile last night....

If you can't feel it, you obviously ain't drinking enough of it...

:mug:

Yea, Ed noticed my point too, which was that with close to 10% ABV I could hardly tell it was an alcoholic beverage.

Even so, I only chilled one to try it since it has only been in bottle three weeks. Official unveiling is New Year's.

I thought yeast was naturally occuring, you actually have to put it in? :drunk:

Something was in there.

I'm not sure how it all works with apples...but it is possible for certain fruit to ferment without the addition of supplemental yeast. Yeast does not naturally occur in fruits, but with fruits such as grapes, there are yeasts and fungi and other bacteria on the skins. When the grapes are crushed and the skins are broken, the juice and the yeasts combine and fermentation begins. I made a 5 gallon batch of Cabernet last year and it was the best wine that I had ever had. I didn't add any yeast, only used the yeast that was a part of the grapes. The juice I used came in a five gallon bucket, that must be stored cold until ready for fermentation (or else you get a wine bomb). I made four gallons with the addition of sugar (flavor and more alcohol) and then one gallon with no sugar added. Making wine naturally this way doesn't take 3-4 weeks like those wines that you add yeast and sulfates into. Rather, it takes about 6 months. The end result...delicious! and it gets extremely better with time as the wine is allowed to clear.:)

As far as apples, I am not sure if there are yeasts on the skins but I would assume that it is plausible. One thing though, it would take much longer than 3-4 weeks to ferment for a desirable ABV.

Back