Sediment Extractor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drost

Reaction score
These look kind of interesting. You carbonate your bottles upside down...the sediment settles in the reservoir, then you close the valve and remove the sediment reservoir.

You now have clear beer in the bottle. Pretty expensive at $4 (Australian) each though.

http://sedexbrewing.com/index.html

Yeah, plus you can "drink straight from the stubby." And just a mere $192 for two cases worth of bottles.

Or, we can just learn to pour our beer properly! :rolleyes:

Fact: Brodie is Gaelic for "Muddy Place".

Kinda fitting. Ya' think?

There are many more practical ways to clear beer but hey, it's your $216.00 per 5 gallons.

cool idea but the price is insane! I can't imagine sales are good at that price. at $1 each they might be a viable option. I think I'd spend the money on kegging.

John

drinking good beer from a bottle is like putting ketchup on filet mingon....you just don't.

beer NEEDS the proper glass, as to present its full aroma (and thus full flavor) to the drinker.

Only swill like BMC (which has no flavor or aroma) is good for drinking from the bottle.

But you're still going to have sediment any time you're bottle conditioning.

You wouldn't have sediment because instead of capping when you add your priming sugar to the bottling bucket you fill the bottle put this thing on and it would catch the trub left behind from conditioning.

It's way to pricey though

Back