Rubber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halbrust

Reaction score
I'm 6'1", over 300lbs. I love contact sports. Have competed in full contact kick-boxing. Blah blah blah.

But when a little rubber band breaks and slaps your finger it freaking hurts!

I'm more afraid of paper cuts and/or cutting finger when slicing food in the kitchen. Those little slice cuts give me the creeps. That and medical needles. Weird, I used to poke pimples with safety pins, pierced my own ears a few times in Jr. High/High School, have six tattoos, will fall flat on hard-wood floors for a laugh, etc. But those tiny little things bug me.

I hate when you're trying to break a bolt loose and it comes free quickly or the wrench slips and you bash knuckles or pinch fingers, done that twice today already. There always seems to be a sharp point or small gap to cut or pinch your knuckles when your wrench gets free.

I hate when you're trying to break a bolt loose and it comes free quickly or the wrench slips and you bash knuckles or pinch fingers, done that twice today already. There always seems to be a sharp point or small gap to cut or pinch your knuckles when your wrench gets free.

Thats what i hate, we have gate valves at work that rarely get cycled and this is my biggest fear when using a wrench to open them.

See, I hate that, but I don't fear it. I get the willies thinking about a paper-cut, though.

Perspective is everything: get shot, have an epic car crash, blow out a couple of lumbar discs while 100 miles from Hudson Bay and have to wait three days for the sea plane to fetch you out to a surgical ward, shatter a collar bone and have the idiots in charge of your care hold off on surgery for eleven friggin' months, have a routine surgery turn you into an ersatz Bell's Palsy victim for two years +...and a few other calamities along life's way...

...and you won't even think "Ouch!" from random dings...

Cheers!

AAArrrgghhhhhh!!!!!!!!

The point of this thread was I am a *****, and that little rubberband hurt

A girl once rolled over me and snapped my banjo string, and I don't own a banjo. It was a bloodbath. Paper cuts are for pusscats.

SUV rollover at 60mph, estimated. Ejected from vehicle. Slid into a cypress tree.
Kidney stones.
27 red wasp stings, and that's where they quit counting.
Melted my arm to a toaster oven.
Attacked by a Doberman.
Maced myself. Hey, I didn't think it'd be that bad.
Been tased by those little handheld tasers. It's really not that bad.
Ate ghost pepper.

And ya know what, a little piece of brass wire brush stuck in the bottom of my toe, a chunk of skin removed by a rusted bolt or stepping barefoot on a lit charcoal still hurts.

And speaking of rubbers, getting your hair caught in the base of one, that's not too good a feeling either.

Perspective is everything: get shot, have an epic car crash, blow out a couple of lumbar discs while 100 miles from Hudson Bay and have to wait three days for the sea plane to fetch you out to a surgical ward, shatter a collar bone and have the idiots in charge of your care hold off on surgery for eleven friggin' months, have a routine surgery turn you into an ersatz Bell's Palsy victim for two years +...and a few other calamities along life's way...

...and you won't even think "Ouch!" from random dings...

Cheers!

Criminey

Back