What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not in it yet, but technically 5.5 gal of brown ale. About to empty a fermenter of the same amount of saison.

My garage is starting to look like a brewery again, Just brewed 25L of porter, adapted from an old extract recipe which was pretty damn good, had a ripper of a brew day using my new kettle and a home made BIAB bag. Went as well as any brew day I have ever had, and am looking forward to trying out the result. I formulated the recipe when I first started brewing and it has a 15 min addition of Motueka hops ( a New Zealand saaz derivative) which I wouldn't think of using now so hopefully its as good as I remember it being.

Next we have a Sauvin SMaSH Pale ale which is doing some conditioning, brewed the weekend before last I will probably cold crash this one in the keezer around wednesday and keg either when my current keg kicks or when I buy a new one.

Thirdly i have 15L of a batch which I underpitched and got infected early this year, its soured up nicely and I'm looking at doing some blending with it soon.

5gal skeeter pee
6gal wrong yeast ale
6gal saison

Now vacation and I may just keg the pee as it's done already, and when I get back the wrong yeast ale will be ready but I'll leave that and let it age since it has wine yeast

Brewed my first Belgian beer yesterday in the 7 years I've been brewing. Pitched 3522 Belgian Ardennes yeast into 1.048 of a witbier grist (minus the coriander and citrus zest)...so it'll be pretty much just a Belgian wheat. Looking forward to it.

Right now I have 5.5 gallons of an Oktoberfest Lager (1.056 OG) fermenting away at 51F... It was brewed four days ago. Fermentation has been lively! Pitched 2-vials of yeast prepped with a 1.8L starter.

10 gallons of Columbus IPA has been going for a few days now, dry hopping after a week or so and consuming shortly there after.

10 gallons of Columbus IPA has been going for a few days now, dry hopping after a week or so and consuming shortly there after.

I'm thinking of brewing a Columbus IPA for my next beer, what was your recipe if you don't mind me asking?

I'm thinking of brewing a Columbus IPA for my next beer, what was your recipe if you don't mind me asking?

This was more or less me cleaning out my leftovers, and my first time making this recipe.

20 lbs Pale Ale Malt 2-Row (Briess) (3.5 SRM) Grain 1
1 lbs Caramel Malt - 10L (Briess) (10.0 SRM) Grain 2
2 lbs Caramel/Crystal Malt - 20L (20.0 SRM) Grain 3
0.5 oz Columbus (Tomahawk) [17.5%] - Boil 60 min Hops 4
1.0 oz Columbus (Tomahawk) [17.5%] - Boil 20 min Hops 5
1.0 oz Columbus (Tomahawk) [17.5%] - Boil 15 min Hops 6
1.0 oz Columbus (Tomahawk) [17.5%] - Boil 10 min Hops 7
1.0 oz Columbus (Tomahawk) [17.5%] - Boil 5 min Hops 8
1.5 oz Columbus (Tomahawk) [17.5%] - Boil 1 min Hops 9
2 pkgs Safale American (DCL/Fermentis #US-05) Yeast 10
2.0 oz Columbus (Tomahawk) [17.5%] - Dry Hop 5 days Hops 11

http://beersmithrecipes.com/viewrecipe/859456?&doid=55cb81a1df0ae

I had some crystal 10 left over and still have a bunch of Columbus in the freezer. I just wanted to make something that wasn't too bitter but had good hop flavor.

This was more or less me cleaning out my leftovers, and my first time making this recipe.

20 lbs Pale Ale Malt 2-Row (Briess) (3.5 SRM) Grain 1
1 lbs Caramel Malt - 10L (Briess) (10.0 SRM) Grain 2
2 lbs Caramel/Crystal Malt - 20L (20.0 SRM) Grain 3
0.5 oz Columbus (Tomahawk) [17.5%] - Boil 60 min Hops 4
1.0 oz Columbus (Tomahawk) [17.5%] - Boil 20 min Hops 5
1.0 oz Columbus (Tomahawk) [17.5%] - Boil 15 min Hops 6
1.0 oz Columbus (Tomahawk) [17.5%] - Boil 10 min Hops 7
1.0 oz Columbus (Tomahawk) [17.5%] - Boil 5 min Hops 8
1.5 oz Columbus (Tomahawk) [17.5%] - Boil 1 min Hops 9
2 pkgs Safale American (DCL/Fermentis #US-05) Yeast 10
2.0 oz Columbus (Tomahawk) [17.5%] - Dry Hop 5 days Hops 11

http://beersmithrecipes.com/viewrecipe/859456?&doid=55cb81a1df0ae

I had some crystal 10 left over and still have a bunch of Columbus in the freezer. I just wanted to make something that wasn't too bitter but had good hop flavor.
Ok thanks. So im guessing thats enough for a10gallon batch correct?

I was thinking of adding hops at 60 15 and 0 in my recipe but yours looks pretty good the way it is. Let me know how it turns out for you!

Yesterday we made an extract Amarillo pale ale and an alll grain batch of BierMuncher's centennial blonde. This morning I made my first batch of wine, a Pinot noir. Rehydrating the yeast and I'll pitch it into that once it gets to temps.

15 gallons of RIS in a barrel
17 gallons sour stout destined for another barrel
6 gallon belgian pale ale
5 gallons Oktoberfest
5 gallons golden brett on peaches
6.5 gallons brett tripel
5 gallons sour quad
5 gallons cherry brett
5 gallons lambic
3 gallons sour stout
and a hand full of one gallon sours

~9.5 gallons red ipa, all chinook
5g faux black lager (kolsch)that's been lagering for 5 months in my beer fridge

15 gallons of RIS in a barrel
17 gallons sour stout destined for another barrel
6 gallon belgian pale ale
5 gallons Oktoberfest
5 gallons golden brett on peaches
6.5 gallons brett tripel
5 gallons sour quad
5 gallons cherry brett
5 gallons lambic
3 gallons sour stout
and a hand full of one gallon sours

You have been busy not drinking lol

Good Ole Dave's Ipa. This is my first attempt at dry hopping. It smells great in the fermentation chamber. Also a pink moscato, chardonay, and borrolo. Just kegged a dunkelweizenen.

I have 5 gals of Oktoberfest which just started its month long lagering period.

Same here buddy! Started lagering it at 44F in my keezer cause that's the temp I keep my kegs. Otherwise I'd go colder. I brewed NB's Octoberfest AG recipe on my eBIAB system.

I have 5 gallons Double IPL and 5 gallons Double IPA.

I started with 10 gallons of an 85 IBU DIPL (wlp 833 bock yeast) and each primary is being dry hopped with 1.5 oz of Citra.

However, one of the fermentations got stuck at 1.041 from 1.077 so after a two weeks in primary and a week with no change in gravity I pitched a pack of US-O5 which got me to final gravity a week later.

Therefore I guess technically I have 5 gallons of DIPAL. Everything is going to get a couple weeks of lagering so it will be interesting to see how they compare and contrast.

I have 5.5 gals of my Bloody Pumpkin Ale version #5 in the fermenter. Should taste great by Halloween. Smelled like cookies during the boil. 1lb Black Cherries, 8oz Brown Sugar, 8oz Cherry Juice, 90ozs of can Pumpkin, and typical pumpkin spices.

Some random APA with 2-row, golden promise, and zythos hops.

A test run done on my new system. Boiled off a **** ton more than expected so my final volume is crazy low, like 3.5 gallons low.

Some random APA with 2-row, golden promise, and zythos hops.

A test run done on my new system. Boiled off a **** ton more than expected so my final volume is crazy low, like 3.5 gallons low.

The first boil on my new BK 6 months ago was twice what my keggle is. I lose 2 gallons/hour.

Two experimental brews done with basically whatever grains I had left over. My LHBS just got glacier and falconers flight hops so I'm trying those.

Fermenter 1
7 lbs Marris otter
1.837 lbs Melanoidin. 1.12 lbs honey malt
.44 lbs flaked wheat
.59 flaked oats
.19flaked barely
.75 oz peated malt
1.5 oz east kent goldings at 60
1oz williamette at 45
1oz hallertau At 10
Scottish Ale Yeast

Fermenter 2

6 lbs Canadian 2 row
2 lbs Canadian 6 row .
1.78 lbs Melanoidin
1.080 lbs Flaked barely
0.357 lbs acidulated malt
1 oz Falconers flight at 60
1 oz Glacier at 15
American Hef yeast

The first couple samples I tasted from the hydrometer were questionable but I'm excited to see how they both turn out.

Back