Whats the longest amount of time you've gone between brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I built my 3 tiered setup for 10 gallon batches I can go a month or 2 without brewing but I keep a minimum of 30 gallons on hand so I can go longer if I have to. I'm more comfortable with 50-60 gallons

About a year and a half. Melted down my first kettle when the wort boiled dry, and got back brewing again in January 2011, jumped into all grain and have ~10 batches with the current system. I only have 10 gallons on tap (13 now, with a 3gal. of SWMBO Wheat) and brew twice a month or more over cold months. Our apartment isn't AC'd and we don't have room for a ferm chamber so I can only brew when it's not sweltering. Anyway....my first beer back was a Winter IPA from AHS, and I tend to do some variant of IPAs most often. I think I'm going to try and brew up several (5-6) kegs worth towards May in hopes of holding us over until September. The main reason I brew with the frequency I do now: I only get to drink around half of my keg's worth. Keep giving it away! My parent's and in-laws, their friends, my friends. Every time I visit someone, I bring 2-3 bottles and soon enough, keg kicks! That's what it's all about, though. Kyle

I've gone about 2 hours so far, between brews... if you don't count the 39 years before that first one. Planning my next asap!

Sounds like me. I made wine from my teens up through my 20's. Finally decided to check out how beer can be brewed at home on youtube. Greatest part is,my wife loved my ales,then insisted on going into the LHBS with me. She picked out a kit,& the rest is history. So she gets some,I get some to brew & everyone's happy. Plus we get up to 12 gallons of ale to put up & enjoy.

1 Month. My stock of beer was huge, and it was a hot hot summer. Better not to brew, than wrestle with 90*+ temps.

I brewed nine batches in April and hope to get my Christmas beer going soon. Got it ordered. $$$ got a little tight and also had some back problems and could not lift anything.

I think about 3-4 weeks since I started back in January. It's been brewing madness since then though :)

7 months until today...boy was it nice to get back in the brewhouse..
Porter for Christmas.

I went 12 years. Went to college, lived abroad, got an apartment, then finally a house with room to brew.

7 years. Children, life. Just ran out of time. First brew back is a pilsener. Realise how much I missed it now. And have to buy all the gear again!

8 months! New baby, wife and job. Finally taking a day this Saturday to get back to what I love (BREWING DAY)...the wife gave me the go ahead, so definitely not giving this one back! Lol

1Mainebrew said:
And now you're brewing a...

I made an American Pale Ale, a cyser, and a Holiday Spiced Ale so far, the APA is tasty and the others will be ready for Thanksgiving.

My brother and I are planning a dual brew day: sweet stout and raspberry brown for a killer black & tan pint brew for just after Thanksgiving.

Not a bad start, eh?

3-4 weeks and feel somewhat guilty after brewing weekly or bi weekly.I have too much,and too much of a new craft beer obsession,ive managed to have too much too drink that i realize i need to slow down brewing.
I have crystal malts left over and now i have to buy more base malt to finish those off, i just want to do a bunch of ipas with different hops/base malts to finish those off.

Researching only enough to find that yeast turns simple sugar intoalcohol, at age 16 I tried to ferment some sugary flavored water in caped bottles in my fort, outside, in the summer. A day later when I went to check on it **** had exploded everywhere and there were more ants than I have ever seen in my life.

Was tempted to get on the web and find a forum like hbt and start a thread "fermentation exploded, what went wrong, did my yeast get mad?" thread but resisted the urge. Technically like a 9 year break.

Back