Force Carb 7 Days Long Enough?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yournotpeter

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of variances on the subject of the set it and forget it method of carbing (10-12 psi). Some folks say 5-7 days is enough...others say 10-14 days. I need a keg ready in one week and am just trying to determine if I set it at 10-12psi and I'll be good to go in a week....Or do I use the impatient method of shaking, etc...

Looking for some experiences from you all....

I've seen a lot of variances on the subject of the set it and forget it method of carbing (10-12 psi). Some folks say 5-7 days is enough...others say 10-14 days. I need a keg ready in one week and am just trying to determine if I set it at 10-12psi and I'll be good to go in a week....Or do I use the impatient method of shaking, etc...

Looking for some experiences from you all....

Hmmm. If I wanted to be sure it was ready in a week, I'd probably set it at 30 psi for 36 hours (no shaking!) in the kegerator and then purge and reset to 12 psi for the rest of the time. I'd check on day 5 just to make sure it was ready.

Hmmm. If I wanted to be sure it was ready in a week, I'd probably set it at 30 psi for 36 hours (no shaking!) in the kegerator and then purge and reset to 12 psi for the rest of the time. I'd check on day 5 just to make sure it was ready.

Great! Kind of like jump-starting the carbonation process....

i agree with yooper. under normal circumstances 12 lbs for me is drinkable after 7 but not fully carbed til about day 10. If i want to hurry it ill set to 25-30 for the first day or day and a half, then purge and cut back to 12.

I did the same thing and it worked for me.

Back