Breaking in my new burner and stock pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sithdad

Reaction score
I got this Bayou Classic and a 40qt aluminum stock pot so I can brew outside. Now I don't have to listen to the family complain about stinking up the house. I cannot believe how quickly this burner heats up water. I think it's cut an hour off my brew day just in heating water/wort. Got both items, from different locations, for $100. I got the stock pot from a restaurant supply store and is designed for high volume use (3/16" thick).

Should have bought these things months ago. The amount of hot break I had with the burner vs. the stove is amazing. Almost boiled over with only 3 gallons in the pot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone always acts like getting kicked out of the kitchen is a terrible thing.

I've not brewed IN the kitchen in over 5 years. Getting kicked out is great! :)

Everyone always acts like getting kicked out of the kitchen is a terrible thing.

I've not brewed IN the kitchen in over 5 years. Getting kicked out is great! :)

The only time I want to brew in the house is during winter when it is quite chilly. Other than that, I like brewing outside.

I hear ya about the burner; I have one too and it really works well!

I know I can't be the only guy whose wife loves the smell of barley in the morning. Smells like bread.Even cooking up a starter for yeast get's a mmmmm smells good comment. What can't you like about it....:D I'm looking to move to 10 gallon batches so I like to hear real world experiences with the different burners I appreciate the reviews on this site.

Latest posts

Back