I'm no longer a newbie :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverAnalyst

Reaction score
Hi all. I just wanted to say I love homebrewing. I started brewing earlier this year and joined this forum at the same time. I've learnt a lot and have done many batches since.

For all those of you that are starting off, it just gets better! I don't really drink commercial beer much anymore as I preffer my own. Hell, I'm drinking my own now. :mug:

I'm going to be cooking another batch up later today, life is good :D

I just started in May and have brewed six batches so far. That come out to about one every two weeks. I definitely still consider myself a noob...only because I keep reading and learning more...which then makes me realize just how little I know.

I think I'll be a noob forever. :eek: :tank:

Poppy360 said:
I just started in May and have brewed six batches so far. That come out to about one every two weeks. I definitely still consider myself a noob...only because I keep reading and learning more...which then makes me realize just how little I know.

I think I'll be a noob forever. :eek: :tank:

I've made the jump to AG and trust me, you will never runout of things to learn. There is always another book to read, another brew to try, etc.

Sounds like you're on pace to turn this hobby into an obsession.

-OB

smoke76 said:
I've just brewed my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th this weekend, obession isn't the word!:ban:

Excellent work! I'd be disowned for that :eek:

If I could only describe the look my wife gave me, when, after she volunteered her old mini-fridge for my keg storage in the basement, I mentioned I might need to "alter" it a bit by drilling some keg tap holes in it. That went over like a lead ballon. Though, she did say she'd think about it... Go ahead, shame me.

Just drop a bowling ball on it and tell her you need to drill a hole in the top so you can pull the dent out!!

ohiobrewtus said:
I've made the jump to AG and trust me, you will never runout of things to learn. There is always another book to read, another brew to try, etc.

Sounds like you're on pace to turn this hobby into an obsession.

-OB

I'm another noob who started around the same time as Poppy and I'm thinking of trying my first AG this fall. You're so right about never running out of things to learn...I just picked up a great home brew magazine and now the wheels in my cranium are spinning even faster, thinking of new stuff I want to try over the winter.

I don't really consider myself a newbie anymore. I've been brewing since December, and i'm on my 9th batch right now. Although there's always a ton of information you can learn.

I have just about all i would need to do an All-grain, but i don't have a wort chiller yet. The thought of of cooling ~5 gallons of boiling wort to pitching temps in a bath tub is just too inconceivable to attempt. I just bought a 40-qt restaurant grade aluminum stock pot yesterday. This is gonna be sweet!

Latest posts

Back