1st brew - a few minor problems but think all is well

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phatuna

Reaction score
Hi everyone, thanks for all of the great posts, got me to where I am, which is my brew kit received, north face nut brown in the fermentor, and a couple of errors getting to this point.
I think my biggest error was cooling my wort in my sink filled w/ ice cubes, pouring the wort into my fermentor, then adding ice cold water to get to 5 gallons which promptly cooled my wort down to 60 degrees - pre-yeast pitch.
Wasn't sure what to do as I was feeling a bit of panic, so I added my dry yeast pack, stirred, took a test sample, affixed lid, affixed stopper full of easy clean no rinse solution which leaked an ounce or two of solution into my fermentor and crossed my fingers :drunk:

After 24 hours, my stopper is slowly bubbling, about 1 per minute... we'll see what happens.

The best part about it, my wife and I had a blast drinking beers and attempting our first homebrew.

any feedback is much appreciated -

I made a few mistakes on my fist batch (and subsequent batches too). They turned out great. Looks like yours will too.

Not to worry, better a little too cool, than a little to hot! Don't sweat the No-rinse either...

RDWHAHB!

Back