Let the build begin... e-keggle starts NOW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ericinthewoods (daughters boyfriend) had some spare grains from a previous brew day and decided to try out the system yesterday, the feedback I'm getting is highly favorable, he thinks he might even have achieved an 89% sugar conversion rate... I seriously have to get my system rigged up

Yeah this made mash and sparging a breeze. The system went from mash temp of 143 to mashout at 172 in a little under 20 mins at 35F ambient temp. While I was pumping to boil kettle, I slowed transfer to avoid cavitation and set the heater to 200 to preheat the wort. I had hot break within 10 min of the transfer. If you use this or a similar build, have your hop additions ready to go.

Floppy and I have worked together on both of our builds, thought I would post my progress. Waiting on one more pid and still need another pump. So close I can almost taste the wonderful brews this machine will make.

1396621183076.jpg

While I was pumping to boil kettle, I slowed transfer to avoid cavitation and set the heater to 200 to preheat the wort. I had hot break within 10 min of the transfer.

After trying a few times, I have to recommend against this practice. The heater element has a lot more gunk stuck to it and requires disassembly and cleaning after every brew when it is forced to heat constantly. A good boiler is better than using the heater element.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back