Jarring priming sugar syrup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerbeerbeer123

Reaction score
Does anybody boil up a bulk ammount of priming sugar syrup and seal it in mason jars for future use?..Would it need to be autoclaved like canning wort? Im always trying to find time saving techniques..Your input will be apprieciated

I've made up some priming sugar cans using an pressure canner. Yes, I do the sterilization process, 15@15 (15 minutes at 15 lbs pressure). It makes bottling day a lot faster and easier. I've already got the canner hot from canning starter wort and sterile water for rehydrating yeast, so it's nearly no work at all to add a few jars of sugar water.

In just started doing it myself. Got tired of boiling and cooling syrup. It doesn't save a ton of time in the bottling process but it certainly makes it more enjoyable.

In just started doing it myself. Got tired of boiling and cooling syrup. It doesn't save a ton of time in the bottling process but it certainly makes it more enjoyable.

Do you sterilize(autoclave) the sugar mixture? Or do you just boil it jar it?

Back