using lemon/lime extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slipgate

Reaction score
I was thinking that I like drinking a Corona with lemon or lime in it. And I like lemon and lime flavored beverages. Has anyone made a beer using lemon/lime extract or lemon/lime juice? I want to try this but have no experience with extracts as in when to add them and how much. I was thinking maybe 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice at the end of the boil? What would the lemon extract equivilent be? Need some guidance here!

This time a year there is at least one thread on the topic a week. They are usually short lived, because I think other than me, there has only been a hand full who have done. There's a couple threads below in the "similar threads" box. including it looks like one recipe .

I've posted mine a few times. Here's the link to my recipe.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/854185-post9.html

And that is from this thread https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/lime-beer-what-use-80610/#post854185

Which if I recall was mostly conjecture (not many people who actually brewed with lime) a handful of bud bashers, and a couple of us who have had experience.

:DI hate to admit but i like bud Lime:D i use for 5 gallons 4 ounces (1/4 cup) "Roses Sweetened Lime Juice" in secondary or at bottleing and sometimes an aditional 2 ounces EACH of bottled lime and lemon juice at bottleing
:off:But i keep buying mixed 12 packs of good beers but haven't found any thing i like yet:mug:

Revvy - I looked at your thread and this looks like what I want to make. I don't do AG (yet) so I'll try to adapt it for extract. Perhaps my Cream Ale recipe. I also will double what you put in like you suggested in the post. In fact, I might do the same quantity of lime that you tried and add equal parts of lemon. I am hoping for a nice, crisp summer brew that could go nicely with sitting on the porch. I like the idea of "dry-zesting" too.

Thanks!

Back