Apple Pie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ztp

Reaction score
I know this isn't exactly a beer, and perhaps I just live a sheltered life, but a buddy of mine made some of this last weekend and it is ridiculous how good it tastes and how similar it tastes to Apple Pie. 1 gal of apple juice, 1 gal of apple cider and a liter of Everclear. I have the full recipe if anyone is interested. Just figured I would pass this along to anyone that may be intriqued, and possibly lives the same sheltered life that I do and would like to try it out.:mug:

I know this isn't exactly a beer, and perhaps I just live a sheltered life, but a buddy of mine made some of this last weekend and it is ridiculous how good it tastes and how similar it tastes to Apple Pie. 1 gal of apple juice, 1 gal of apple cider and a liter of Everclear. I have the full recipe if anyone is interested. Just figured I would pass this along to anyone that may be intriqued, and possibly lives the same sheltered life that I do and would like to try it out.:mug:

I had something similar the other week and my buddy used about 7 ciinnamon sticks in the boil and 2 red hot cadies for some heat in the flavor...the stuff was great. Please post this.

1 gallon of apple cider, 1 gallon of 100% apple juice (no sugar added) a bottle of whole cinnamon sticks, 1.5 cups of white sugar, 2.5 cups of brown sugar. Bring to a rolling boil, then cool to room temperature. Once at room temperature stir in the liter of everclear and bottle. I had several empty liquor bottle laying around so I just used those, but I assume you could use regular beer bottles. Once bottled, add as much chopped apples as you'd like and one cinnamon stick that was in the boil to the bottle. I'm going to warn you this stuff needs a couple of days to meld together before it tastes good. After three days it is fantastic. He tried adding a fresh cinnamon stick to one bottle but it wound up tasting like hot tamales. After about a week it tastes exactly like apple pie, absolutely delicious.

Back