Mission Accomplished!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjl110

Reaction score
Made 20 gallons (10 centennial blond, 5 blood orange wheat, 5 low abv hoppy pale) for my sis in law's wedding. It was a hit and we didn't run out. People always like my beer (it's decent and free, what's not to like?), but everyone seemed to go out of their way to tell me how great it was. Even the non drinkers had a few I noticed. We had bottle labels made too for cheap. They weren't the best graphics or anything, but they had the wedding colors and a pretty design with the date. Just gave it a little extra. Awesome to see all those months of work (I thought I was going to scream bottling the 20 gallons) be appreciated. Anyways, just wanted to brag to people who "get it", and also say that I wouldn't make nearly as good of a brew if it weren't for HBT! Yay beer!

did you have to teach everyone how to pour to not get sediment? or did you bottle from keg?

Cool story, bjl! I think it shows you went the extra distance for those you care about. Cheers to you, sir!

No, they were bottle carbed so they had sediment. We had a chalkboard with directions and illustration. But you know people, some of them still drank out of the bottles/ poured all the dregs in their beer. They had all been cold though for about a month (except for the wheat beer which doesn't matter as much) so they all had pretty compact sediment. I'm sure there was plenty of yeast consumed though. Also s04 and us05 dregs don't taste as bad as some other strains, so that probably helped.

Here are a couple of the bottles that were left over. I should have taken a pic of the beer table, but it slipped my mind. Maybe the photographer did...

image-383341529.jpg

Back