My march pump housing, Autosparge mod, pine cladding and mash table

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewChron

Reaction score
I'd like to share my how-to's for a portable contained March pump, a Blichmann autosparge mod that allows you to sprinkle water down on the grain bed, pine insulative cladding for infusion mash tuns, and a mash tun table that allows easy grain dumps. I homebrew and have a Diploma in Brewing form the IBD so just put together the site as an amateur how-to sort of deal. My site does have some google ads so I hope this isn't considered spamming somehow!

http://www.beerbrewingchronicles.com/Site/Homebrew.html

For a look at commercial brewing with pictures see this and click on the sections that interest you:

http://www.beerbrewingchronicles.com/Site/CommercialBrewing.html

Interesting.

I'm going to mount my pump in a toolbox (I don't see how it not being food grade will matter, if beer comes in contact with it, it will be a spill), but the bucket idea is a good one.

:mug:

Interesting.

I'm going to mount my pump in a toolbox (I don't see how it not being food grade will matter, if beer comes in contact with it, it will be a spill), but the bucket idea is a good one.

:mug:

I just saw 15 gallon (or so) white grain buckets that look the same as the Brute container at my LHBS, definitely a less expensive alternative to the toolbox.

Very interesting look at the commercial process. Some of the images are obscuring text, but overall very informative.

Using a 32 gallon bucket to protect a pump that's less than the size of a loaf of bread is a bit of overkill.

I like the slotted false bottom. I think slots are much more effective than holes.

I just finished fixing the site, it had some issues, but it's better now. Hope anybody who wanted to read it but couldn't now can.

It's a great site....very informative and valuable if you ever wanted to scale things up to a nano.

Back