Funny Story

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torchiest

Reaction score
So, SWMBO is pregnant. Months ago, when we found out, we got a due date of February 7th. Didn't think much of it at the time. A few months ago, she forwarded me a list of Do's and Don'ts for husbands in the delivery room. One of them was don't have the TV on during delivery. The example given was a woman complaining about her husband watching a basketball game.

I had a chuckle, then thought, hmm, wait a second, when is the Super Bowl? With dawning horror, I realized we might have a "scheduling problem." But then I was like, eh, whatever, no one ever delivers on their due date. I've been making tons of jokes about it with all my buddies about cheering on my wife and then cheering on a team on the TV.

But it didn't look like she was going to hit her due date. We thought we'd have to get her induced this Thursday. But lo and behold, she started having contractions this morning at about 4am. And here we are now, at the hospital, with her expected delivery time estimated at around halftime! I guess my boy wants to catch the second half of the game. Good for him, but bad for daddy. Still, it'll make for a hilarious story to tell him later.

congrats....there be a superbowl next year....(hopefully, strike and all), but your boy will only come once. Congrats again!!

Congrats! You'll be able to use this to guilt your kid to bring you beer on Super Bowl Sunday for years to come!

I'll probably catch flak for this but, the wife and I are Buckeye (flak) fans. My youngest boy was born at OSU hospital during a home game vs penn state. He was born at 12:00 on the dot. By 12:05 me, mom and baby boy were watching the game on tv. We could see the game just as easily in the stadium as it was right outside the window. Congratulations on the baby!!

Being a chef I told my wife she could have our second any time but New Years Eve. He was born 12:37am New Years Day. She said well it wasn't New years Eve.

Oh and congrats.

My first child, Henry Joseph, was born at 5:49pm on Superbowl Sunday.

He weighed 7lbs 13oz, and was 19.5 inches long.

The entire labor was 14hrs counting from when she woke up, but only included half an hour of actual pushing. Everyone was blown away by how smoothly it all went. I was joking at first that he wanted to be born in time to see the second half, but then he barely missed the kick off because everything progressed so quickly. I still ended up missing the entire game, which I heard was a really good one, but I didn't mind so much. There will be other Superbowls, but only one first son. :mug::ban::rockin:

Back